• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leaf spring hangers?

firenexx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hey all,
Was hoping you could provide some insight into this.
I drive a '94 Mazda B4000 (Manual, Cab Plus)
One of my leaf spring hangers broke. Note that I have a limited knowledge of suspension components. I can see that there is a shackle on the rear end of the leaf spring that attaches to a hanger. The front end of the leaf spring does not have a shackle and attaches directly to a hanger.

Problem is, I can't seem to find the hanger for the shackle. Whenever I look on auto parts sites for leaf spring hangers, I only see the kind for the front end of the spring. I switched to the Ranger Super of the same year and the hanger for the shackle was indeed available. I don't know how to figure out whether or not these parts are different on the Mazda/Ranger! Does anyone know how I can go about figuring this out?

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You can get them from www.rockauto.com or from your local Ford dealership. I got all 4 hangers and 2 shackles for a Ranger I used to have for around $120 from the dealership.

firenexx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I was looking on Rockauto, actually... My issue is that they do not list the rear hangers for the B series (only the ones on the front end of the leaf spring), but they do for the equivalent Ranger model. I looked on a bunch of other parts sites as well with similar results.
I would just order the ford ones but I don't know whether they'll be the same... I'm not too interested in doing any drilling

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Ranger/B series is the same thing. No worries about them not fitting.

firenexx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Well, turns out the one listed for the B-series is the one i need after all, so I ordered it.

One more question ... if I am just replacing the hanger and not the shackle, will I need any bushings or anything, or can I use what's there?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
you might be able to, but in my experiance, ive needed the torch to take things apart, then you defitly need new bushings then! and given the age of your truck, new bushings arent a bad idea either. i did my rear hangers over a year ago and my front ones a few weeks back. the rears seem to go first, i like the air chisel/punch for rivit removal but i have used the torch before. on the fronts i didnt dare use the torch on the drivers side due to the fuel tank. youll want to pull (or at least tilt) the box if your doing the front hangers. i got my hardware from a place in pennslyvania called stengal bros.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals