• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Led Dash Which colors work best

GoGoGoggans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 HiPo
Transmission
Manual
I going to put leds in my 93 ford ranger dash which colors work best and is there a way to get a real strong green. thanks

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
The best way to get a strong green is to put green LED's in them... Otherwise just about any color should shine through from what I hear. but if you want the colors to really show then you need to pull the faces off and take off the green film on the back of the bezels.

GoGoGoggans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 HiPo
Transmission
Manual
i heard that the film on the back of the gauges is blue because yellow + blue tint= green color dash PS do you know how 194 bulbs there are on 93 instrument panel any help is appricatied

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well its probably like a bluish green but the film is green. The bulbs are white not yellow or whiter...

Well on my 99 I have 8 bulbs but I'm not sure about the older style dash boards. Probably has the same.

GoGoGoggans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 HiPo
Transmission
Manual
One more thing is that on the superbrightled.com the 194s have 90 degree and 32 degree which one should I pick and why thanks

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I did the 130 degree cause I got the 4's but the 90 would be better because it would spread the beam more vs the 32 degree lights.

GoGoGoggans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 HiPo
Transmission
Manual
yeah that what i am looking at is the wled-x4 but another member on another post used the wled-x5 with the 220 degree and they worked great but there 4 bucks a pop. so this is what i will i will get the wled-x4 cool white the brighest ones they make and there 2 bucks and order 10 just to be safe. It dosent say if they are polierized or not and I know that you need to test them when installed to see if they need to be swapped around did you have to do the same. but on the other hand if you go to the website superbrightled.com on the 194 first ones WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs the selection that i am going to buy there are wled x-x and they are in 90 and 120 degree and they are cheaper but they are non polarized meaning if they dont work flip them. man i hope this work thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals