• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Let the buyer be aware!

Fords4ever

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992/1999
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/Dodg
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just had a lesson in doing business with a company that I was not familar with or heard too much about. I ordered a vinyl flooring replacement for my ranger from StockInteriors. The web site advertised USA made products and had molded vinyl flooring in grey. Mind you, looking at the example of the color, the grey was very similar to what I wanted to replace the existing carpeting. There was a $14. additional charge for the color. A disclaimer was posted that said this company would send you a sample color before you ordered. However, looking at the sample shown on the web, how much off could the color be...wrong:annoyed:
Since this truck was my daily driver, I waited until the day the shipment was to arrive and commensed to pull out everything in preparation for install (since this was moulded and required prior warming to allow it to fit the contour of the floor pan. I turned on my space heater and had the garage a toasty 80 degrees.When the package arrive, I opened it up and guess what? What I was looking at was a piece of vinyl matting that had the appearance of a charcoal brickett.
I immediately called the supplier (phone answering machine/leave a message).
Not one to be put off, and with a little help from the web, I made contact with an message answering service and explained to the lady my situation. She said she would have someone call me back.
When I did receive a call back (with a child screaming in the background) I was told that the color was dark grey. I said that was not the color even close to being shown on the web page. I was then referred to the disclaimer. If I wanted to ship it back (my cost for shipping) he would make an adjustment. There may be a 15% restocking fee.
I thanked him and hung up figuring I would make this work.
The vinyl was engineered very heavy duty and should last as long as the truck. However, when this company uses the word "MOLDED" to fit the application it was to be used in, take this statement with a grain of salt. I had a neighbor helping the 1st. day to get the passenger side done, where it looked presentable after much trimming and using a heat gun besides. I finally got the rest of the driver's side done the following day after considerable anxiety and stress (cutting slits into the material in order to get them to fit).
I feel I am pretty handy, but the amount of work involved with using this product in addition to the descrepency of color, made me wish I would have spent a little more and went with a more established company...JCW or ???

garyl

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4 banger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the heads up. I have been lookin awhile for new flooring in my truck, but I will most likely go with LMC Truck since I haven't had any trouble with them.

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the heads up. I have been lookin awhile for new flooring in my truck, but I will most likely go with LMC Truck since I haven't had any trouble with them.
Lmc is great! I have never had an issue! and Its a 5 min drive from my frontdoor. no shipping:icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals