• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets see your bumpers

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
heres my take on a tube bumper to protect the front of the truck. Not designed to craw with, mainly to take a medium animal, rocks, brush, logs, that kind of stuff when out in trails or dunes.

Last edited:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
A little, mostly because I have a Taurus fan mounted in front of my radiator pushing air... this is because my engine cage is in the way of the stock mechanical fan...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Must be a crazy engine cage!

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Nothing too crazy but not simple lol

Sampson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is mine finally got around to building a front one, even though its not done. Still needs some tube around the grill and headlights.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like it :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

simple and tough....

just, I never thought of having a color matching door mat to get in the bed though:icon_confused::D:icon_rofl:

l8r, John

rangerdanger208

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haha that is my pad so I can kneel on the gravel. It's a piece of carpet from a cj7 jeep

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
TJM T-13 Bullbar with smittybilt 8K winch. 2x hella 700FF with silverstars.
Before the Hella 700FF's:

Do you by chance have dimensions for your front bumper? I really want to make a bumper exactly like that for my 94.

whissiswheelin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
In my experience it has always been easier to build to fit. start with mounts and build off those to your own imagination. measure twice cut once. this will also save you from having to use a crane to get it back on I used 3/16 checker plate and schedule 80 pipe so it weighs 200+ with winch installed.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
DAYUM thats a big bumper

Jonpopexxx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

raven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My rear bumper was bent and tailgate would not open easily. Backing over a tree does that. After a 3" body lift relocated the rear bumper above the old frame mounts, and it would have fit perfectly if it wasn't bent. Doh.

Starting from that point and not caring if I broke it, I used a torch and bent it somewhat back to where it should be. I think I did a good job getting it straight. Mounted lights underneath, hacked it up a little and bolted full-size F-series tow hooks to frame points where the bumper previously mounted using grade 10.9 hardware.

Here is the end result. I'm going to clean up the cuts, seal them, weld them and put some think black weather stripping around them for a more professional look. I think it turned out good for a stock bumper. It is a little red-neck but not totally backwoods whisky-tango.

Near future is to put a front 2" hitch receiver on her since the front bumper is now raised up 3 inches and won't need much if any cutting and will look good while still allowing after market baja-style front bumper later. The plan is to use the hitch for another hook or a large recovery shackle as well as making it easy to use a vice up there, or even a winch.

Last edited:

raven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Last one, I have one of those bully hitch lights set up to go on with reverse, but they only work sandwiched between the hitch and a plate, not with the hook, but you can use a ghetto solution of U-bolts to hold it on. I will paint them black with PlastiDip, then they aren't noticeable. They are ugly but they work.

The hitch lights have a switch on the back of it for always-on, off, and automatic which is wired to work with the reverse lights. The bumper mounted lights are just switched on/off. The hitch lights work but look ridiculous, so I plan to invent some nicer metal brackets one day.

The bumper is still bent up slightly on the right side but I'm not that worried about it. Functionality first, unless of course it looks too gaudy and/or ignorant.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals