• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lifted trucks and slick bumpers

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
as you all can see from my avitar, i drive a fullsize ford. what you can't get a good impression of is how high it sits when on level ground :icon_hornsup: . on level ground i am @ 3ft at the bumper and almost 5ft to the hood latch :icon_hornsup: . anyway i was working on my truck yesterday and it was raining off and on which made my bumper slick to say the least, and while i like the fact that i can sit inside my engine bay to do most any and all repairs and tinkering, falling out of it at that height can really smart and make you say things like, @@@@@@@@@@###$%@% and ***********&&^&%$, oh yeah and lets not forget , %%%%@#$!!!&^%$#@, :black_eye: man did i feel like an :idiot: , anyway when i look back on it i'm glad all i got was a couple of bruises and my calf muscle feels like it was run through a meat tenderizer :annoyed: . as to the how it happened, i was getting out of the engine bay and put my foot down on my VERY slick bumper [without looking] and when my foot slipped i kept on going. now i am considering putting some none skid stuff on my bumper so that don't happen again :icon_hornsup: cuz that really smarted :annoyed:

Dishtowel

August OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sucks that you fell, i've done similar manuvers. Either that grip stuff you have in mind, or mix some sand in the some paint and brush/roll it on the top. Thats what we do on grip surfaces on the top of steel tanks. Works great!.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i was at the shop and we were workin on an f350 3/4 up the way up the lift. and the owners needed the baby seat out of it. so get on a chair and swing and barely manage to get my self up their get the car seat out. coming back down i slip a little and fall but managed to land on my feet but it wasn't good on my knees

sorry that you fell but my dad did fall off a lift and landed on his arm and couldn't move it for weeks. so remember it could always be higher

Last edited:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
i was at the shop and we were workin on an f350 3/4 up the way up the lift. and the owners needed the baby seat out of it. so get on a chair and swing and barely manage to get my self up their get the car seat out. coming back down i slip a little and fall but managed to land on my feet but it wasn't good on my knees

sorry that you fell but my dad did fall off a lift and landed on his arm and couldn't move it for weeks. so remember it could always be higher
yeah, it kinda makes me glad i didn't go with the suspension lift too. the way i fell out, i'm lucky i didn't break my friggin leg, cuz i was still standin on the frame with my other leg [ the one that got banged on ] when i slipped. :icon_confused: go figure, i crawl in and out with no problems all the time, guess i was unlucky ;brownbag; . coulda been worse, i coulda been at work on the boat and screwed up, alot more ways to do yourself in on a commercial boat :D

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya, im one of those guys who gets under the hod to wprk on stuff
thats partially how i got into the highter votech class for this year
the teacher wanted achoke power line(it had manual conv. on it, he wanted electric back) and put my class to it, and i was the only one tall enough to touch the air cleaner,(big old dodge) so after a half hour of laughin my ass off watchin the other kids fallin off the tires and bumber, i go one foot on the plow rack, one foot on the frame rail behind the steering pump,moved other foot to other side of the pump, and plpooed my fat ass on the inner fender and finished it in like 2 min, it was funny as hell, and my teacher was half laughing and half pissed off that i was the only one that thought of that

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals