• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Light bars?

BlueLighting1999

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Can you make a light bar at home for unnder $82 bucks?
If so what would you have to do?:icon_confused:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
What kind of light bar? one for above your truck? One infront of your truck?

For above your truck you can get one new or find them on CL usually but not for 80 bucks or atleast not in good condition and most likely not for a stepside. You can make one with a welder, Pipe bender, and pipe but probably for a good 100 dollars. You can make a headache rack for about the price you are looking for...

Or you can get or make a front bar for about 20 - 50 bucks...

fordbrian333

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yesss i mad on that a pre runner style bar on my roof, it holds 5 6inch kc's and made it out of an old pitch back, you can see it on my profile picture

sas260

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
mercury
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i went to buyautotruckaccessories.com and bought a carr m profile lightbar and the gutterless mounts for my 99 and it was like $137 with shipping and i live in illinois it only took 2 days to get here. i love the lightbar it looks good and its very sturdy, better than what i thought it was gunna be. ts in my pictures if u would like to see it

RjFabWerx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1988
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
5.0/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Google "ford ranger light bar images" and it will bring up TONS of pictures to give you ideas...you would build something fairly simple that looks good easily with your budget...Another deal I did that worked out well and looked nice (for someone else), is basically a replica of the Jeep Wrangler light tabs that will screw or bolt onto the drivers and passengers side of your windshield frame, you then mount 2 KCs or lights of your choice to those tabs...a baja styled prerunner light bar can be built relatively cheap...tons of things out there that would work for you...i'd try the google idea and see what looks good to you and go from there...steel is expensive but you don't need big heavy steel for lights...you could get by with like 1 1/4 for a prerunner bar, same for an overhead light bar...or just something simple like bending some strap and making light tabs for your winshield frame...Good luck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals