• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for Members and Trail specs for OR.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I was wondering how many members ar down in the oregon area, cause I am planning on finding a college down there and I was tring to find a crowd to hang with, and I was also wondering if there are a good amount of trails down there ( nothing super hard core but like for a nice lake trip or mudding/light rocks or something.)

Thanks!

I'm from AK. BTW

Also any really restricive emissions testing and stuff cause I'm doing a Duraspark conversion?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
what part of oregon you looking at? ive got friends in portland so i make trips down there occasionally. i live in wesport, washington which is about 3 hours from there. my truck is stock save 31's, so i tend to stick to lighter trails myself.

members by location here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32, not everyones on there but most of the active members are. if your planning on sticking around, you might want to have Jspafford add you to the list (just PM him or post in that topic).

what part of alaska are you from? i lived in cordova for 5 years a while back...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I was actually thinking the Portland area, cause most of my friends are going to college in or close to portland, or the Corvalis (I think its spelled?) college.

My truck has 31's aswell and I wanna make it a nice weekend truck, and get it all fixed up. But I am going to start heading down next fall so I wouldn't want to jump the gun cause I might not get in OR.

My family moved up from New Mexico in like 99, we moved to Juneau till about 03 and I now live at the end of the road on the kenai pennisula.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
my parents lived in juneau for a few years. i was only there once, seems nice.

give us a should when you get down here and we can try and get a trip organized with a few other members in the area.

you gonna be driving down?

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Emissions wont be a problem if you leave it registered in AK. If not only the major citys around there have emissions, like Portland/Vancouver area. Im 45min north in Longview and we dont have any.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
keeping it registered in alaska is harder than it sounds. i tried to do that after i moved down here (so i could keep my vanity plates) and ended up having to switch it to washington. i dont remember what exactly the problem was with keeping my AK registration...but they make it difficult to register it there if you dont actually live there.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm pretty much in portland....about 30mins southeast in Boring. There's some decent local trails here up towards Mt. Hood. I understand there's some decent stuff down near corvallis as well. I do enjoy trips to Brown's Camp in the Tillamook Nat'l Forest near the beach.

Unfortunately...some of the local trails to me are being closed up/dozed/excavated. It's not 'legal' wheelin', just ex-logging forest roads.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I think I'll be driving down, mostly ferry if its not that expensive.

But my question about emissions was cause I don't have my cat right now and I wanted to know if I need to get a new one plus my duraspark, or I could go with the fi convertion... I have both either way.

Cool about actually having trails all over down there cause most of the trails up here are for 4 wheeler even though my ranger could fit down alot of them lol.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nobody inforces emision laws around my parts, i have never heard of anyone even getting checked. If someone says something about not having catsor something just say you bought it that way.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ya but your in washington...hes looking at oregon :icon_twisted:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
if you move to oregon from out of state they will do an emissions inspection and you need a smog.your old truck don't have a chance if you want to register it in oregon with no smog equipment

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well My dads owned it since brand new, but I might be able to exempt it cause it was deemed dead (pluged all the way through, the exhaust was coming out in multiple holes that kinda broke off inside of it. I think I might go with FI cause it would burn the fuel cleaner I think...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals