• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

looking for new tires

Green04Fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 04 ranger 4x4 with cranked t-bars. im looking to get new tires and was looking into 265's or 31" tires. i attempted to do a body lift and gave up when i found i would have to completely replace all the cab body mounts.( can only get those parts threw ford) does anyone know if 31 or 265's will rub or look stupid. id also like to get ride of the 16" stock wheels and go to a aftermarket steel wheel. any info would be great!

RotorFX4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
31's will work just fine with a t bar crank. They came stock on my 02 FX4. I run 33's with fender trimming but they rub.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
No its should look just fine, I have 31's on my truck and I think they look good, at some angles it looks like the tires are too small but I also havent cranked the tbars and the front sits WAY lower then the rear currently.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You don't HAVE to change you body mounts when you do a bodylift, although it is a good idea. And you can get body mounts on Ebay

Green04Fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i DO have to change mine due to rust and you can only get the insulators on ebay i need the whole shabang(hardware and all) which i can only get threw ford at $90 a pop(x6) you can get the complete unit on LMC but only 83-97. so no lift for this guy. gonna just get a set of 265's and aftermaket steelies and call it good i guess

Green04Fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there's no reason why 15" wheels won't fint on my truck right? 32"x15 are a hell of alot cheaper then 265's for the same damn tire (166 per tire vs. 220 per tire) iv heard someone say once on the Fx4 truck the front calipers were diffent then the non Fx4 trucks....anyone know if this would work?

Green04Fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i was going to return it. never used any of the parts or opened anything but the directions. i bought it for $206 threw 4wheelparts

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i have 265s on my truck. they rub at full lock, but that might just be because of the aggressive sidewall on the duratracs.

non-metric tires do seem to be cheaper. maybe a big part of the price difference is load range?(C vs. E). You probably want C on a ranger anyway

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I ran the TKO's 265-16 my '05' without a crank and they would just rub on the plastic splash shield.
Dave

floridaoranges

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
try shopping for tires here: http://www.treadwright.com/default.aspx

excellent quality at very affordable prices. have been running the same set for 5 years and at least 40+k miles. will buy from them again for sure. lots of write-ups here on trs in various forums.
what type are you running? guard dog?

I'll have to pick up a set

Green04Fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i ended up getting stock 245's mastercraft at2's. i figured its best i keep my ranger close to stock(drive 50 miles per day to work round trip) and want to keep the gas mileage where it is( im getting between 18-20) im gonna put all my efforts into a project truck. im looking into finding a decent 1st generation explorer to build up i think....or a bronco II if i can find one

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals