• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lowering a 4WD 95 ranger

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Not afraid of doing a little digging I see!

Like stated 2 years ago, an inch or two would be pretty straight forward. After that, there is a lot of custom stuff you will need to do (especially if you plan on keeping the 4wd option)

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I love the creativity I see on these forums! I know a 4x4 lowered is probably looked down on but then again look at what it takes to make a REAL prerunner capable truck haha. Love them both, but having put serious cash into modifying my truck, my advice would be buy a tuck thats already done, and save yourself some money hahaha! :icon_rofl:

Anyway, I hope to see picks of this if you get it done! lol I'm only laughing becuase I see people wanting to lower 4x4's and here I am about to sell my lowered truck so I can get a 4x4 hahaha. Good luck man and have fun with it!:icon_thumby:

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
You can use the Belltech Ranger 2" drop coils. They are the onlything close that will work to lower a 4x4 explorer and still be able to have the 4wd but you will probably want to trim down the front bumpstops as well http://shop.illusivefabrications.com/coil-springs/belltech-i-beam-ranger-2-lowering-coils/

If you want to go any lower than that you will have to remove all the 4wd stuff. The transfer case, pitman arm, tie rods and linkages the Ibeams and probably spindles. You will need a set of 3" Drop Ibeams that only Chassis Tech makes, I can get those for you as well. If you want to go lower you can run the 3" beams and 2" coils for a 5" drop. The rear would use lowering blocks and or Chassis Tech 3" drop leaf springs. If you are interested in anything shoot me an email to brian@illusivefabrications.com

SuperiorAutoWorks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Correct me if im wrong but isnt the leaf springs over the axle so he wouldnt be able to use lowering blocks until he flippped the axle. Depending on the drop you want to acheive it would be cheaper to lift it.

Superior Auto Works
5717 Charles City Cir
Richmond Va 23231
804-328-2886

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Correct me if im wrong but isnt the leaf springs over the axle so he wouldnt be able to use lowering blocks until he flippped the axle. Depending on the drop you want to acheive it would be cheaper to lift it.

Superior Auto Works
5717 Charles City Cir
Richmond Va 23231
804-328-2886
Explorers are spring under axle unlike Rangers. So the OP would have to flip the perches first

SuperiorAutoWorks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
isnt this thread about lowering a 4x ranger not an explorer?

SuperiorAutoWorks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
guess i need to learn how to read the whole thread before i open my keyboard lol ill go back to sleep now sorry guys.

Superior Auto Works
5717 Charles City Cir
Richmond Va 23231
804-328-2886

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals