• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lund tonneau installed!

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Finally found a decent tonneau. Lifetime warranty, managed to snag it for $256 instead of $320.

Truck came with the original ford cover, and it was garbage... one of those seal & peel covers. Here is the best upgrade I've bolted on besides the Bilstein shocks...

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good!! I have one when I really need to use it. I have the roll up one. It does save you gas milage, Bro!!!

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks... I couldn't imagine having anything else besides roll up with velcro on the sides. Can't wait for an extra mpg or two!

Stxrangerbumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009 / 1993
Make / Model
B2300 / f250HD
Engine Size
v6 3.0L/ 7.3L
Transmission
Manual
not sure save fuel par miles.Mythbuster they are try this thing on the road with f150

Last edited:

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
@stxrangerbumper I figured your name was familiar... you plague my filter thread with misinformed arguments. your grammar in your posts is abysmal. you don't have any facts to back up your current argument... then again, i don't understand a thing you typed.

Anywho... i currently get 14 mpg (last fill up w/o a cover). with my previous cover, I averaged 16. on the high end, I'd get 18 mpg. What am I looking at realistically? an extra half mile per gallon. Real purpose of buying it... keep product in the bed dry and protected from the elements.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
@stxrangerbumper I figured your name was familiar... you plague my filter thread with misinformed arguments. your grammar in your posts is abysmal. you don't have any facts to back up your current argument... then again, i don't understand a thing you typed.

Anywho... i currently get 14 mpg (last fill up w/o a cover). with my previous cover, I averaged 16. on the high end, I'd get 18 mpg. What am I looking at realistically? an extra half mile per gallon. Real purpose of buying it... keep product in the bed dry and protected from the elements.
^^^What he said +10,000. I can prove my cover gets me better gas milage. It has been documented several times over the years. Driving with the tail gate down does not give more gas milage...Myth-Busters proved this already several years ago on three of their shows I watched them all........The cover saves gas!!!! A+++

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i'd really like to find one that i could cut up so i could keep my bed rail toolbox and have somewhat dry storage.. the gas mileage difference for me wouldn't really be noticeable on a truck that's used for work

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
i'd really like to find one that i could cut up so i could keep my bed rail toolbox and have somewhat dry storage.. the gas mileage difference for me wouldn't really be noticeable on a truck that's used for work

You can get a custom one made, Bro. I had one on my 89 Toyota. I had the tool box up front in the middle of the bed and I had a guy take my cover and shorten it and made it fit up to the tool box so I could drive all the time with the cover. It was soo cool looking. Yours in on the side you mean? I have seen covers that were made to fit around the box in that position as well. Use your imagination, Bro!!

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
^I believe they already have those. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're called toolbox tonneaus. They fit right behind the toolbox so you can still open and close the toolbox and have the tonneau there to keep your stuff out of prying eyes.

JD22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A company called TruXedo lets you create your own dimensions for Tonneau covers. So if you have your own toolbox you'd like to use, you can send them the dimensions of the rest of the open part of the bed, and they'll make a custom one for you. It's super low profile too and has a locking mechanism. About the best of the best.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals