• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

maybe i'm just paranoid...

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey gots got the A4LD in 93 4.0L ranger. Whenever i'm stopped and its in drive i can hear the tranny rattling. Wasn't sure if its normal or not cause this is the first automatic i've ever dealt with. and i'm already figuring i'm gonna be rebuilding at some point, or putting a high performance one from Here in:

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/a4ld.htm

Just figured i could ask about the noise and find out if its an immediate concern or if the filter and oil change i plan on doing will be sufficient.

I would do a 5 speed swap, but i've kinda grown fond of driving an auto after having to drive a freakin kenworth around all day at work.:icon_thumby:

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
OH and i know that if i rebuild it i CANNOT do just a "soft parts" rebuild as that is a half ass rebuild that will go to crap on me in a year.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals