• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B-series Sizes

Spootnuke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Manual
Soooo, I'm not sure if my searching is awesomely accurate for word choices... But I can't find a damn thing. I've searched quite a few search engines but can't find anything on 98-present. Rangers aren't anything like the wheel wells of a Mazda IMO. Large tires appear to fit more easily under these trucks. I was running BFG AT KOs at 31x10.50. They gripped beautiful on anything. I love those tires. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to them, and they wore down oddly and gave me flats. Even though I wasn't rotating or balancing them over the period of time I was driving them, they still lasted another 20k miles even though they only had 60% tread when I first got em. I didn't have time to think and got suckered into 235 Wally world Goodyear Wranglers. They are cheap, but not what I want. I've had them for about 10k miles so far and they work great, but it's gotten me stuck a few times due to the crappy off-road thoughtfulness.

Now here is what I want to know. What can I run with no lift what so ever? I had a buddy that ran 32x11.50s with no problems. I want to run 33x10.50s, but I'm not sure if I'll have any problems. I believe 10.50 for width is just plain out perfect for drivers who believe in the weekend warrior every couple of weekends shindig. I don't plan on throwing the Wranglers off just yet, but I'm really just starting to get annoyed by em. I'm not getting as great a gas mileage as I did with the KOs. (Mostly because of higher RPMs) I'm thinking about picking up a 3 inch body lift maybe one day. But I'm still kinda iffy on it.

So does any one know anything? Rangers/Bronco IIs aren't really all that great of a comparison of what I'm trying to figure out. It would be nice to have information about this in the sticky thread as well.

Last edited:

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I know on mine 33s would be pushing it to the max...hence why I am doing a 3 inch body today.

Spootnuke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Manual
I know on mine 33s would be pushing it to the max...hence why I am doing a 3 inch body today.
Well, Yours is a pre-98, and its also 2wd. I'm not sure if its the Dual-Sport, but if you can fit 31x10.50s on a non-DS, with nothing done, that should mean something.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals