• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mile marker hub question

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So i was at the junkyard, browsing for a quality valve cover to replace mine, when i saw some mile marker hubs on an exploder, i beleive it was a 94. The splines look like a dana 35 size, so i grabbed them for 10 bucks a piece. Unfortunately i got looking at the exploder, and realized the dub who bought them put them on over the auto hub guts (no conversion kit). The bearing retaining nut threads were totally stripped, and i am amazed the wheel didnt fly off (maybe it did, and thats why its in the junkyard).

Anyways, i see alot of damage, but to my recollection the mile marker hubs themselves have nothing that can be hurt (gotta clean the grease to verify). They click into lock and unlock and the splines turn or dont turn, so i am thinking i can buy the conversion nuts and be golden. I have a 93 ranger with the crappy auto hubs that crunch and grind every time i want to go 4x4.

Does anyone know if there is something i am missing here that would crush my hopes and dreams of spending $50 for $200 worth of parts?

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like they work fine, if you put them in lock and the spline shaft doesnt spin, then spins freely in unlock you should be golden, you should be able to hit up a local napa or autozone etc and purchase the proper spanner nuts and lock washer for the swap, only tool you will need is a spanner socket

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I agree, you might also find the spanner nuts off another truck at the wrecker.

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It turns out one is mile marker....the other is something else...maybe warn, but the logo fell off. The distance from the end of the splined sleeve is about 1/8" different, but i am going to buy the warn conversion kit and cross my fingers. If it fits...great....it not, i was gonna buy the warn hubs anyways, and i am out 20 bucks..big deal right??.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im sure as long as there both locking hubs and both work properly they will work, i cant see why not.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals