• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mosin–Nagant 7.62x54R

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yea, don't worry if you don't get a chance at these ones, they are everywhere. Very common rifle.
yup sadly many i saw out there where Bubba'ed up:bawling:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hopefully they are still free for ya to get one, if not il track ya down one
I think so, I had them order me in a motorcycle helmet awhile ago and it didn't cost me anything.

Yea, don't worry if you don't get a chance at these ones, they are everywhere. Very common rifle.
I am not too worried about it, they are pretty common and I am in no hurry to get one. The thing I liked about these is they looked pretty new and undinked with, the picture they have on the website is how all of them looked.

They did have a Finn on the used rack, but if I spend $330 on a rifle I would get something else... probably a levergun (a brand new Mossberg 464 sells for $399) It wasn't even in as good of shape as the Russian ones they had last week.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The Finn is more cus there's less of them ever made some varients only 5 ever existed

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Finn is more cus there's less of them ever made some varients only 5 ever existed
Yeah I know they are rarer, but for that kind of money I would would get a more modern rifle.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Say did you ever look at the m44s?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'll tell you about another kind of crude/cheap/under rated rifle if you can find them. The British 303. They shoot well, hit hard, ammo is a little harder to get but cheap and they are very inexpensive.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When I get home 85 I'll show you where to get a m44 like mine.

A plus one on the enfields I think there dang good too

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am thinking the Mosin will be the way to go. Like I said before I am not in a big hurry and can shop around a little if I have to.

I want to see what I buy before I buy, and since there are no gun dealers within about an hour's drive it would be a pain to mess around buying one online.

I found a Mosin on "Call of Duty: World at War" last night, it shot pretty darn nice on there. But then I have never had a mechanical problem with a gun on a video game either. :icon_twisted:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
be ready though one is never enough lol an there are plenty out there

to get a mosin through online easier you just need to get it Transferred by anyone with an FFL or you can get it shipped to your door with a Class 03 FFL that's only 30 bucks and a background check away.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I don't see the problem.?!

Seriously though, no rifle is nearly as accurate with the bayonet mounted as with it removed.
Early Mosin Nagant m91/30, German Mauser model 98, Jap Arisaka type 99, a M1917 enfield, and another Mosin Nagant m91/30.

I'd say $100 isn't the greatest price with or without accessories. I got my 91/30 with all the accessories (bayonet, two dual ammo pouches, sling, cleaning kit, oil and lube can) for 80 bucks in like new condition. That was at Fleet farm. Dunhams sports, and most places have prices a little higher, but not by much, and you can score them at gun shows for about the same price too.

I bought it just to have one. To me it's extremely long and clunky for a service rifle. Fine for plinking once in a while, but I would take a mauser over it any day.

You can still get Yugo 8mm Mausers for just under $200 bucks if you really look around. I prefer Yugo's over others (turkish, spanish, so on) because the fit and finish is perfect, and they hold true to all the Mauser lore and reputation. K98's are great, but qualitly late in the war started to lack, and the prices have gone through the roof. The Yugo m24/47 is a cheap and rugged straight bolt rifle, or go with the M48 versions with the bent bolt. I have both and they all shoot smooth. Worse thing about the Mauser choice....ammo prices.

The British Enfield was mentioned, and is another choice, but they run 200 and up as do the Mausers unless you find a good deal or buy a beater. I have a Long Branch 1943 No4 mk1 myself. Nice, accurate, fast shooting rifles also, plus a 10 round capacity. .303 ammo is close to 8mm prices.

Anyways, enough with my babbling. You can't beat the price of a Mosin Nagant. But for a little more, you can get a rifle of better quality, and still have the war relic feeling. I guess the big factor in deciding what gun to get these days is those two dreaded words....ammo prices.

You may as well buy one, the price is close to pocket change. You can always buy more, of them or something else... You can never have enough milsurps.:icon_cheers:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Prices on Milsurps are going all over the map boys iv seen a M91/30 at a gun show with a price tag of 180 and it at best was a 75 dollar gun but then iv seen a guy get a rare one thats worth bout 500 for 200ish

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was wondering if anyone would notice they weren't all Nagants.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Prices on Milsurps are going all over the map boys iv seen a M91/30 at a gun show with a price tag of 180 and it at best was a 75 dollar gun but then iv seen a guy get a rare one thats worth bout 500 for 200ish
Alot of it depends on what they are. If they're original non import marked relics, they may be worth a bit more than the 80 dollar import marked ones you get everywhere. If they have a laminate stock, they tend to bring a bit more also. And yes, the sniper versions, if original, will bring around 500 with scope and all...maybe even more.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals