• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mounting XM radio unit

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, for christmas I got an XM radio for my truck. Only problem is I have no idea where to mount it. I'm thinking infront of the shifter might be the best location for now. I'm hoping to find an explorer over head console and try to store the XM unit in that. That should come later this week. Also, I need to route the antanna wire out to the antanna. It's not the XM reciever antanna, it's the wire that goes to the trucks antanna that sends the signal to my head unit. If anyone has any tips, ideas or pictures... post them up.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Never seen one, how big is it? Pics?

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I mounted mine on a piece of angle aluminum to the din adapter for my deck. It sits just above the deck and only kinda covers the dash vents in the center. Ill try and get some pics of it later.

-andrew

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got this XM radio kit. Unfortunantly I don't have my camera with me so I can't take any pictures. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8039035&type=product&id=1157067818724

However today, I picked this up. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8362808&type=product&id=1177717628634

Hopefully the Direct Connect kit will help me get better sound quality. I havn't used he radio as much because I simply hate poor staticy sound quality. I either have to wait till my buddy gets off work or wait untill tomorrow to install it. All my tools are at my shop and today it is closed because of the holiday. I'll try to get pictures of when I mount it, hopefully my little brother will fess up my digital camera by then.

95rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have my sirrius radio mounted to my w/shield by the drivers a-pillar. I ran the sat. antenna through the 3rd brake light lens above the headliner and down along the apillar moulding. I ran the fm adapter wires under the drivers panel and up along the fuse door on d/side, along with the power adapter with it. So I can easily remove radio when i need to and plug it in.. I have the lighter plug coming out on the side of my after market radio. It looks ok just dont have time to rewire it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals