• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1st Speeding Ticket

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
I got my 1st speeding ticket, i was in the sbc s-dime, i was doing 127 in a 45, the cop was nice, i shook his hand when he walked up, i told him that i was taking it to school to fix the speedo, he said, to get my teacher to sign off on the ticket that we fixed it, and the judge will reduce it to equiptment malfunction, he dropped it down to 60 so i wouldn't C & R, but ohh well, should i prepay the ticket or go to court and show them the ticket where we fixed the speedo?

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If he caught you going that fast, pay it. Why were you doing 127 in a 45? That's pretty dangerous man, its a good thing you didn't kill someone.

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
i had just put a new carb on it, i put a holley 850 on it, i was testing out how it did compared to the 650, it was 2 in the morning, and no one else was on the road, except for the cop that pulled out behind me

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
im surprised he caught you. did you see him and slow down or slow down and he caught up with you?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Bummer about the ticket, but at least there's a good part- the cop being very decent about it. You lucked out there.

Tough call on what to do. I'm thinking go to court, plead guilty, apologize, show the signed ticket. Fine may be reduced, versus just paying, and be sure to thank the judge and the cop for his professionalism. Going this route may cost you less money, and being decent to everyone may come back to help you in the future.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what he said is 100% tru, if u mkae urself a good name for the cops or atleast they know u in a GOOD WAY then ur alot less likely to get in trouble for stupid shit

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Wow... Sucks he let you off so easy.

That is just reckless. Almost 3 times the speed limit.

Good luck with that.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Being honest, confident, and decent will pay off big time here.

The judge and the cop will then know that you're not the kind of person he needs to keep an eye on all the time.

michowski

Reaction score
Just pay it off. He caught you 3 times over the limit. Why push your luck anymore? Just pay it. If you did that by me you would of had a place to sleep that night for reckless driving, tickets, court. Your very lucky

geoph1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Fuk'd 2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Yea you're lucky he reduced the speed on your ticket. Here in Manitoba, Canada if you are caught going double the speed limit you lose your license on the spot, and have you vehicle impounded for 30 days.
I know from personal experience. But that's what happens when your a punk kid w/ a '69 Camaro SS. I lost my license for a year, had to pay a bunch of fines (speeding, imprudent driving, etc.), and had to attend a driving improvement course. Total cost was about $1000. I wish I still had that car so I could appreciate it and not beat it to s**t.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
A friend of mine has a 5.0L HO in a 79' Fairmont. The cop didn't even have him on radar, but he decided to race a Honda, and a cop was coming the opposite direction on a pretty busy road. Apparently he was revved out pretty good in O/D (no speedo), long story short, cop got him. He spent 5 days in jail, reckless driving at high speeds, speed contest, had to take classes, etc. I would have got a laywer. =/ They were looking for the wrong color of Honda, so the Honda actually got away (lucky since he lost).

I've been pulled over a few times, 15 over at the most, I just got my 3rd warning a couple months ago or so. I'd never do 127 (you sure about that?) in a 45, that's not the brighest thing to do.

Shook his hand when he walked up? Shit, the cops around here will go ape shit if you're not a 10 and 2. Always 2 cops too, one on the passenger side poking around, and the other at the drivers. I only thank them if I go about my way with just a warning. If they give me a ticket or a bunch of crap, I generally don't thank them, like a lot of people do. Hell who knows, my record isn't the greatest either and maybe they just see me as some kind of threat.

If that's all you're getting, that's some serious BS.

Pete

edgeaholic (tm)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0 S O H C
Transmission
Automatic
you knew you were speeding. come on... 127 in a 45? thats 82 mph over the limit. your damned lucky the cop was in a good mood. next time, you might not be so lucky.

rangernotlifted

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jetta,explorer,
Transmission
Manual
i actually right now have no sympathy for ya man, i got 5 tickets all about to hit the courts, and the worst they cna do to u in court is drop the price lol, god i remember my first 125 but mine was in a 50 and he droppped it down to a 90 for me

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Stop demonizing him!

Geeze you know years ago cops would give somone a ride home, today they bust them with DUI's and they are worse than a sex offender.

Give the guy a break, btw ya should not have gotten caught!:rolleyes:

Pay the ticket and add the experience to tell your children.

I know I am amazed about what my dad did when he was growing up, that would be "wrong" by todays standards, hehe.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals