• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 2002 XLT

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have that same diff cover, lol. I was mentally retarded and didn't realize i had to paint it so now i gotta take it off and wirewheel and paint it, lol!
:headbang: Hey man i hear ya! lol i was almost in the same boat, i was just going to slap that thing under there, and all i could remember were the times last winter when my truck was white with road salt (puke in back of mouth). then i went to town on it with some primer, coats of paint, and clear coat. i have over 15 paint layers total now...overkill, maybe..but that damn salt!! :annoyed:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
:headbang: Hey man i hear ya! lol i was almost in the same boat, i was just going to slap that thing under there, and all i could remember were the times last winter when my truck was white with road salt (puke in back of mouth). then i went to town on it with some primer, coats of paint, and clear coat. i have over 15 paint layers total now...overkill, maybe..but that damn salt!! :annoyed:
Jeezus! i woulda went with like 3 or 4 but hell, it is michigan afterall, i completey understand :icon_rofl:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Jeezus! i woulda went with like 3 or 4 but hell, it is michigan afterall, i completey understand :icon_rofl:
lol ya, other people might stare at us funny :icon_surprised: but i sometimes i get curious as to what percent of the nations road salt our road commissions use, lol some days it feels like 95% hahaha :icon_rofl: lol

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
lol ya, other people might stare at us funny :icon_surprised: but i sometimes i get curious as to what percent of the nations road salt our road commissions use, lol some days it feels like 95% hahaha :icon_rofl: lol
Yea, its a bit excessive! just a bitttttttttt :icon_rofl:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

A few new photos for the day! sorry for the crappy quality, i had to take them on my phone since my Nikon went MIA. I now am running a custom built light bar, and i have some extra rock/stump armor thanks to a 2000 era ranger.

Last edited:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So i have not updated any photos of my truck lately, so its time to do an update. My truck changed a little bit this fall, its got a 1" body lift now (will be upgraded to 3" this spring), its a two tone (using herculiner), and now is rocking fender flares. Here are some shots from a break during a winter wheeling run a buddy and i did today.

If you look close at my rear 1/4 door, you will see some incredibly custom body work, done by a sapling (35mph slide, lucky hit that did not take out the windows but totally skrewed the door(very photogenic) and pushed the cab over an inch(was straightened by the time the photo was taken)) lol, i will be picking up a new door soonish.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
looking good! Love the new wheels/tires!!

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man! that will probably be their last run on my rig, im hoping to trade up to 33's here in the next couple months!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice pictures man! i really like how it looks with fender flares, its not too common to see a flare side with flares.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks RSH! I a little bit nervous on how it would turn out, but im pretty happy with the result. Now i need some rims with more offset and some bigger meats to sling around :D.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Badass truck man! At some point I am going to get my whole truck line-x'd... Stupid cats climbing all over my truck have scratched the paint all to hell... at the least I'll do the rockers to protect against rocks.

Those TSL's look bitchin'

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Badass truck man! At some point I am going to get my whole truck line-x'd... Stupid cats climbing all over my truck have scratched the paint all to hell... at the least I'll do the rockers to protect against rocks.

Those TSL's look bitchin'
Thanks man! They definitely move some snow around! i just got a video off of my camera of the Ltb's on my truck doing a hillclimb, so here that is:

I really like my rock guard, it adds a nice change in attitude for the truck, and is nice for when you get out in the stick/rock country. I definitely recommend it, even the DIY stuff is good. My Herculiner is pretty aggressive and for $100 for the gallon, it covered the truck with almost 1/2 a gallon to spare.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sweet video man. I like the bedliner on the bottom I need to do that on my truck. And i'm jealous of your lights. Puts my cheapo ones to shame. lol

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hahaha, thanks man. Im going to be modding my lights to HID's sometime this winter/spring so that should crank up the intensity a bit! You should try figuring out what kind of bulb your lights have and then pick up higher wattage bulbs for them, my hella's have H3's in them so i just found some 100W xenon bulbs (they had 55W halogen) and swapped them out, it makes a heck of a difference!

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Little photo Update on the Rig:
-Gifted a pair of my hella's to my brothers truck (currently building up a 2002 FX4) so im back down to a more appropriate level of illumination for the trucks ability..haha

-The Gibson exhaust was dismantled in april and i replaced it with a Dynomax Ultra-flow exhaust system. *Much happier with the more aggressive note, and better clearance.

Aside from that the truck is pretty much the same, im nocking on 170K here in a month or so on the 4.0 so its doing great. I will post more pics when i start working on it again.

Here are some recent shots of the rig:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals