• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My '21 STX

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

The magnetic paint looks like it has a green tint under that canopy of trees... I like it!
Thank you! I'm hoping the next video will be better. We'll see what color the leaves are then

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Took the truck up to the north maine woods over the weekend to go camping, stayed at the Seboomic Wilderness Campground. Besides a younger Indian couple from Assachusetts who seemed way out of their element.. we were the only people there who weren't hunting lol.

20221015_075744.jpg

20221016_175836.jpg

Had a really good time... after the 5" of rain finished up in the early hours of Saturday morning.

20221015_074227.jpg

View from the lean-to Saturday 8am-ish.

Rented some kayaks and paddled around hoping to see a Moose for a couple hours..
20221015_130020.jpg

Got myself stuck in the weeds.... but didn't see any moosen.

20221015_130030.jpg

Fiance got stuck in teh weeds too.

20221015_134326.jpg

Sunny spot on Carry Stream we stopped at to enjoy a left-handed cigarette, twas nice.

Anyways.. important stuff now..

We went out exploring in the truck for a few hours Sunday afternoon. Fiance said she wanted to see some water, so what I looked for on the gazzeteer was some water we could get reasonably close to by using what the gazzeteer refers to as Unimproved roads OR Undefined / Unidentified roads. These are pretty much gonna be the wheelin'-est roads in the state.

We drove down a couple of the Unimproved variety to find a lonely old log cabin on probably the most peaceful pond you'd ever see..

20221016_142649.jpg

And up a little mountain..

20221016_145723.jpg

.. and then on the way back decided to try out a little shortcut down an Undefined/Unidentified road. Now.. I'm not exactly sure how a road can be considered unidentified when ITS ON THE MAP lol but the sides of my truck definitely identified quite a bit of plant life on the journey down this damn thing.

20221016_153636.jpg

(Taken immideately after turning onto the game trail.. I mean road) The beginning of the road looked more like an unkempt field, with weeds coming up level with the hood. After scouting forward a bit on foot, everything that had grown up all seemed to be soft enough to not muff up paint so we decided to go for it.

20221016_155133.jpg
20221016_155147.jpg

20221016_155413.jpg

Eventually the trail got tight, and the flora I needed to brush up against turned from the nice soft weeds into paint scratchy evilness. Having already gone through a couple tight spots and being halfway to the next REAL road I decided to soldier on.

I did however stop taking pictures for a bit. Things got really tight... things got wet.. I realized I didn't have recovery gear.. and I started to really focus on the task at hand lol.

Things would of been a lot easier If I hadn't forgot my hatchet at camp.. because clearing 50' of road of 6' tall beech saplings by hand isn't exactly fun. Saving grace was how wet the ground was.. made ripping them up a lot easier.

20221016_162411.jpg
20221016_162451.jpg

Eventually things opened back up and we could make some good time back to camp for dinner.. until we ran into this about 1/10th of a mile from the "main" road..

20221016_165013.jpg

Classic Northern Maine road block (removal would be more literal). There was no turning around at this point though. I had JUST enough space to squeeze by everything and drive through the ditch.. minor bit of bumper scraping involved. They oughtta consider putting one of these at the other end 😑😂

Smooth sailing from there back to camp and a big fat steak cooked like a caveman.

CMOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
On those "roads", did manually control throttle or did you use Trail Mode Cruise?

CMOS

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
On those "roads", did manually control throttle or did you use Trail Mode Cruise?

CMOS
I don't have the fancy trail modes and stuff so had to go old school.

I wouldn't of got much meaningful use out of it anyways I don't think.. speed needed to vary too much and too frequently to not just get bounced around and get beat up.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Nothing exciting to add to this besides purchasing some diode dynamics fog light bulbs, eibach rear block kit, and eibach rear shocks. I'll get everything installed whenever I can snag myself some of the eibach coilovers and a pair of UCA's.

The eibach coilovers allow for up to 3.5" of lift and can increase total travel, which is extremely nice considering you only get 6.5" to work with in stock form 😑

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
The first fault with my truck was that it started to leak water into the cab, as evidenced by water stains on the back corners of the headliner. Turned out to be thanks to a poorly applied 3rd brake light gasket.

20230422_162844.jpg

Fits nice where my thumb is, the other side not so much.

20230422_162027.jpg

20230422_162039.jpg

Could pretty easily see where dirt/dust/grime had made its way past the seal on the light.

20230422_164130.jpg

Put some of this on the foam gasket.. which was not fun. Had to smear it on with my finger as the hole that was already cut in the tip was WAY too big.. hopefully this does the trick!

Dropping the truck off tonight at the dealer, regular servicing and assessment of center bearing tomorrow morning.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
While there's still an hour left in their day.. I havnt yet heard from the dealer about the status of the rush-order they put in with ford for a new driveshaft. Considering their computers are saying there's 0 available with 0 idea when they'll BE available I'm not holding hope that a rush order is even possible.

Selling off all my aftermarket stuff if anyone is interested and hasn't seen my other thread..

NEW Diode Dynamics SLF yellow led fog light bulbs, eibach rear shocks with 5k on them, NEW eibach rear 1" block kit, and an AFE Apollo gt muffler delete.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Have you considered getting someone to make you a new driveshaft or seeing if a driveline shop could replace the bearing for you? Might be easier for them to buy an off the shelf bearing and install it.

If it's out of warranty anyway, can hurt anything.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Have you considered getting someone to make you a new driveshaft or seeing if a driveline shop could replace the bearing for you? Might be easier for them to buy an off the shelf bearing and install it.

If it's out of warranty anyway, can hurt anything.
The shaft is still under warranty. My leaky cab issue isn't.

The bearings are non-serviceable. I could potentially take it upon myself to have a single piece shaft made... if parts are available. The rangers use relatively brand new ujoints or flanges or something that are backordered half the time it seems.. so that might not even be an option.

I really don't want to have to jack with it myself out of principle. I could take it upon myself to fix.. and if I did I'm pretty much guaranteed reimbursement in small claims court.. but according to the A.G my court date wouldn't be for 4-6 months.. and I'd have to miss a day of work to attend court.. so I'd still be at a loss.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Fair enough.

I hate having to wait on or rely on other people for something, especially if it's important.
Still not going to save any money waiting for the dealer if you need the truck. I would bet a good shop could build something in a couple of days, even if they can't get the same parts. Get something and get it back on the road making money.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Fair enough.

I hate having to wait on or rely on other people for something, especially if it's important.
Still not going to save any money waiting for the dealer if you need the truck. I would bet a good shop could build something in a couple of days, even if they can't get the same parts. Get something and get it back on the road making money.
Oh its still making me money. The whole not being able to get a sticker is realistically only a problem for me in principle.. for now anyways.

Once it costs me a ticket it'll become slightly annoying though.. small town life pretty much ensures you'll be driving past the cop that just gave you a ticket probably 4 more times that week.

Mcphail men are stubborn, prideful. I'm a complete fcking wierdo but I stand hard on my principles.. theyre pretty much all a man's got.

RangerNumber3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Her are a few used ones on ebay that could get you through until a new one can be found for warranty.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

best way i see to go.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals