• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My baby 1970 ford torino father son project 351 c

getjackedup

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So when i was 16 years old and in the process of receiving my license, my dad and I decided we wanted to do a father son project. so i looked and looked and saw this lime green boat of a car and said i have no idea what that is but got to have it for 3,000. sold my four wheeler and bought it the next day. since then(been a few years) we have done a ground up restoration, anywhere from frame work to fiber-glassing a new dash. Basically my dad faded off the project and i took over and decided it wasn't good enough so i took everything apart sand blasted, painted, replaced for bigger and better, you name it. just recently took the engine out for the 3rd time and re painted the engine bay, organized all my wiring fixed a few clearance issues with the new hooker comps going in.. (first time the company who originally built the motor somehow managed to put a head gasket upside down, considering it says TOP, right on the top side:icon_confused:)

So here are some pictures of my little project i wish i still had all the restore pictures in the process, but ill just show you where im at now.

Also i need a new convertible top frame!! and a new paint job green is faded and chipped.So if anyone knows where i can find a frame or anyone that can weld aluminum that wont cost me an arm and a leg would be greatly appreciated.:icon_thumby:

engine after being built bored .30 over

fully rebuilt c-6 tranny, custom drive shaft work, Magniflow stainless exhaust, x-pipes, hooker comp headers, msd distributor, msd multiple spark ignition control, accel super stock coil, custom chrome valve covers and oil pan. mark serpentine pulley kit anodized aluminum (not shown yet..) edelbrock intake manifold, 10-1 ratio, 1/4 cam. 14" straight blade fan(hopefully getting a dual setup). Brand new carpet with original upholstery. new steering wheel, those classic crager ss's, b&m ratchet shifter, full front end rebuild(bushings strut rods etc.)hit a hidden rock pulling off the side of the road completely caved in my strut rod support and my engine mount support, and tore open my oil pan. Its all shiney fixed now:thefinger: damn rocks.

my next project on her is a ford 9" swap have it sitting in my garage just have to order the rebuilt kit. will make sure to take pictures for you guys step by step!

will get more up to date pictures with the exhaust all welded up and the serpentine belt kit installed. And hopefully that dual fan setup:headbang:

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You did say green didn't you! That pops. Join the Fairlane Club of America if you haven't already. Good little magazine and lots of tech articles. Lots of discounts from suppliers. Good classified section if looking to buy or sell.
Dave

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Looks good...don't see too many of those around these days...especially convertible versions...

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good...don't see too many of those around these days...especially convertible versions...
and the only ones around here are trashed.

getjackedup

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You did say green didn't you! That pops. Join the Fairlane Club of America if you haven't already. Good little magazine and lots of tech articles. Lots of discounts from suppliers. Good classified section if looking to buy or sell.
Dave
i will look into that thank you!:icon_cheers:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sexy sexy car

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Very nice.. I had a 73 Sport that I tried to restore in my driveway under a tarp, lol. It was a piece of shit.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You want some more documetaion on it as far as numbers, get a Marti Report for $40. Breaks down your VIN and data plate, even the selling dealer. Tells how many of that body, color, engine/trans and some other facts.
Dave

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Make / Model
ford ranger spo
Transmission
Automatic
man thats a cool looking car nice work you an your dad should be proud

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wow nice ride, I liked it all green waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals