• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Bronco ii

b2tamer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
So this is my Bronco ii, it is a 89 with obviously the ticking 2.9 and the automatic trans, it has manual locking hubs and manual stick 4x4 the motor has been rebuilt and has less then 50k on it, the teams shifts pretty good. The body is pretty dang beat up, because well 4 years ago when I was 16 I was out being stupid in about a foot of snow and rolled it. I don't know if I should fix this one up and keep driving it like I have been or go ahead and buy the 90 Bronco ii with the 5 speed that I posted about earlier. Is the automatic or 5 speed better off road wise and all that good stuff?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The paint looks so much better in the last picture.

Get some little Duratracs and you'll really sling the mud (and not have semi-bald tires when you're on the street). Getting stuck sucks...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just keep it covered in thick mud, don't wash it and nobody will see how bad it looks since that rollover....lol

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Nice custom roof work. Glad to see you did that mod yourself. :headbang:
Just a few nice battle scars.

Pull out the headliner, get out the hammer and dolly out, A friend with a case of beer and bang it back in place and squirt a bit of primer on it before the rust demons catch up with you.

b2tamer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Right now all the rust on top has been sanded and covered with primer to save the metal. The only thing I'm worried about is pulling the windshield out to start popping the dents out

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Definitely hang onto it, its going to take a lot of time to pound all those dents out of the cab, but take the windshield out first unless its already damaged then get the dents out first then replace the windshield. My 84 doesn't have the roof damage but the PO of mine decided that they would do some half ass modifications and lack of maintenance so I'm trying to put mine back together a piece at a time. Right now mine is in the shop having the engine pulled out to further diagnose a knocking noise from the back side of the engine somewhere.

Get the major dents out of it and keep driving it. I found that I really like driving my Bronco 2, and previously owned an 84 ranger as well and enjoyed driving both of them. Wish I would have kept my ranger though as it was my first vehicle and was given to me by my grandparents.

a31ford

Electronics GURU
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Personally I'd keep it, older B2's are getting harder to find, the side window would be the catch, other than that, the labor of love to fix the old gal, would be time well invested.

See, I hate newer crap, it's to the point that the mfg's have us at a point where we cannot do our own work anymore, SO, if you go newer, you better have a ton of money in the bank (as well as the purchase price) because they (the mfg's ) have finally figured out that the service makes them more money than the original purchase.

Greg

Oh, and another thing.... it DOES look better in mud !

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals