• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need a little help on what is wrong DTC

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just got to start driving my 1994 ranger 4.0 4x4 5spd after i bought it a while back. the truck had been wrecked and partially fixed when i bought it, they really "hacked" it all up. truck runs OK, but seems to hav a power surge and possibly a low power problem. while driving the CEL comes on and off and i havnt found a "sweet spot" that makes it come on. i put our scanner on it and i hav the following codes from a KOEO slow code test:

i hav already cleaned my MAF (which seemed to help) while i was waiting on a known good used one to arrive, i hav switched to the new one with the same codes coming up and same drivability.

im thinking O2 sensors but i dont really want to start throwing parts/money at it to try and fix it.

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bump!

Anybody? I just installed new o2 sensors still same codes. I've also checked the "hot" fuse under the dash, as well as all the fuses in both the inside box and under hood. I'm at a loss. Right now it has the 4 not switching codes, I've also checked at the o2 sensor plugs and they are hot with the key on.:dunno::icon_confused:

ive looked thinking it was timing related but according to my OTC GENISYS scanner its going to 35* when you rev it up.

driving down the road it has very little power, rarely can use 5th gear. today it was rainging on the way to work and when i floored it in 2nd it broke the tires (31s) loose when the power surged in.

Last edited:

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm leaning towards ECM being bad.

Nobody can provide any incite???:dunno:

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just installed a new ECM and fuel pressure regulator, a little more power now but still has a kick of power at wide open throttle. :dunno::icon_confused::annoyed:

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
update. i think i knwo hav it fixed. tried switching the pigtails for the o2 sensors around it seems to run fine now.:yahoo::icon_bounceblue::headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals