• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help

brandonwfo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just replaced the cam synchronizer and sensor on my 95 ranger splash 4.0 truck won't stay running shoots up to 1500 and shuts off any help would be nice I am lost

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Did you align the vane correctly ?

brandonwfo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah I am pretty sure ,I follwed the forum on this site on how to install it. Iam not sure what i need to do, should i tare it back down and restart

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Questions:

Did you disconnect the negative cable from the battery before beginning your work ?

Did you bring the crank shaft to 26 degrees ( 1.34" after the tdc mark ) After Top Dead Center before you removed the CID sensor ?

Did you align the vane so that its trailing edge ( all the way to the start of it on its left side ) was aligned with the short mark in the window on the CID sensor ?
NOTE: the vane will rotate clockwise and place its self nearly in the middle when the oil pump drive shaft gear is engaged and seated. This is where it needs to be.

Did you lubricate every thing before reinstalling making sure not to get grease above the collar ?

Did you rotate the engine with out firing twice to remove slack from the timing chain before starting her up for the 1st time ? After you set the new tdc at 26 degrees ATDC there will be slack in the chain that has to be taken out.

What directions and where did you find them on this website so that we can make sure you weren't following the 3.0L CID instructions ?

Last edited:

brandonwfo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i put cam synchronizer install in and it brought it up for the 4.0 the post said to take it to 34mm after tdc mark, I lubricated the sync befor puting it in. I aligned the c with the small arrow on the sight glass.I took the - off the battery be for i started. I didnt get the slack out befor turning the motor over

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My guess is your still out of time then.
Retrace your steps and rotate the crank two full revolutions before firing her up.

brandonwfo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so rotate it 2 full turns before starting her up and the c on the sync should be lined up with the small mark on the slight glass when it goes back in do I need to turn the motor 26 degrees past tdc with the sync still in before I take it back out

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals