• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New adventure for all trs members!!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
TRS Banner Trek 2012 - Snow Shoes to Bikini's (Alaska to Florida)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted by JIM OAKS:

So as you know, the TRS Banner Across America is at a close. In 14-months it went from the Atlantic Ocean, to the Gulf of Mexico, and ended at the Pacific Ocean.

For 2012, I was thinking of a different challenge, but not sure if we have enough members in the right spots to pull it off.

I was thinking of going from the furthest place north in the US (Alaska) to the furthest place south in the US (Key West Florida). I'd like to start at the furthest point north in Alaska as possible, and then end in Key West Florida.

I don't care which path it takes. I don't care if it goes all the way across Canada. I just care that it completes the journey. That meens you can't send it a direction unless you know there are people willing to participate so it doesn't get stuck anywhere.

I would have to make a new banner and figure out who to send it to in the spring to get started.

It would be nice to try and pull this off in 12-months or less.

[I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony314
Their is like 3 different threads for this :p

YEP....there is....the reason why is.....some of the guys didn't know about the 1st Banner cross country trip because there was only one thread.

So I put a thread about the NEW trip in the major forums so everyone would know about it ahead of time & could plan for it.

Jim Oaks has the Original Authorized Version in the

EVENTS FORUM........TRS BANNER TREK 2012......

(that's the Forum/Thread that everybody should post in when they are sure that they will be able to transport the new Banner (so it won't get stuck for weeks at a time in one place)

There's even a map to keep track of the Banner's journey!
][/I]

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a fun idea.... the only way to hand it off to the next person, is with one of those "t-shirt guns".

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No! Don't start this again. Not the banner. Not...the...ba...ba...ban...ner.

Let's do a Ranger Bum. Let's find someone that lives in Florida, fly him to Seattle, and drive him all the way back home in Rangers. That way, if you don't pass him along, he'll be watching Netflix on your computer while you're at work, drinking your beer and eating your gallon plastic drum of ice cream. This one will take ten days, tops.

Failing that, we could use a blow-up doll in a TRS t-shirt and ballcap instead of a banner. We'd have to put a chastity belt on it though.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Count me out. I'm still a little sour on not being able to start the first banner, seeing as how I am one of the farthest east members we have, and I wanted it to start in Lubec, Maine. I had like 5 RBV's to take of picture of it with at the lighthouse, too. I felt like I was ignored or not trusted enough or something just because I left for like 6 years and then came back. As far as I'm concerned, it's journey isn't complete, it never got to the furthest east point in the country!

EDIT - I understand there is a distance factor, but I had to drive to Mass sometime that month anyways to visit my sister, and I know of members along the way who I know IRL that did not post in the thread that I could have stopped by and had them sign. I know none of that is in the actual thread, but there was a thread before that when we were discussing it and I know I mentioned my road trip and my willingness to drive several hundred miles just to be a part of it. Oh well, what's done is done. I just feel a little sour, that's all. Maybe it's because I drive one of the few RBV's that don't have a specific forum on here, lol.

Doesn't straycat live in Florida? He's retired, right? I nominate him to be the official TRS bum. Hope none of the members along the way have allergies!

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
pissed the banner hasnt made it to ontario....

im game for what ever. get "the thing" to edmonton around june and it has a free ride across canada to ontario.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
BUMP.........so everybody will know they have an opportunity to participate........

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
sounds like fun, i may particpate in this one, are we gona have a map with all active users so we can draw a route out?

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Look forward to see it come thru the Great State of Oklahoma again.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Count me out. I'm still a little sour on not being able to start the first banner, seeing as how I am one of the farthest east members we have, and I wanted it to start in Lubec, Maine. I had like 5 RBV's to take of picture of it with at the lighthouse, too. I felt like I was ignored or not trusted enough or something just because I left for like 6 years and then came back. As far as I'm concerned, it's journey isn't complete, it never got to the furthest east point in the country!

When we started this, I looked at the volunteers on the map showing an interest, and how close they were to other members. If I didn't send it to you, it was likely because there was a big gap between you and anyone else that was showing interest. This was over 14-months ago, but the only factor I ever recall when deciding, was members proximity to other members.

I'm quite aware that people in Canada are not happy about getting the banner.

I think some of you lost sight of the original plan. To get it from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. You guys determined the route.

I owuld like to try to go from Alaska to Key West Florida. This will give the Canadian members an opportunity to show how fast they can move this thing.

Inevitably, no matter how we do it, there will be someone upset because it didn't make it to them.

Wills idea could be entertaining. A blow up doll with a TRS shirt. I can just imagine the photos people would be posting of that. It would be funny seeing people passing the doll off to other members.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Jim - I think that idea is pretty funny, too. The only thing that concerns me - what if one of the members who currently had it was feeling kind of lonely? It does get cold in Canada!

And don't worry, I'm not mad, just sour. I know lots of people would get skipped and what not.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
If it comes by the Memphis area; I'm game..

2813josh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6,4.0
Transmission
Manual
Sounds interesting!

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jim - I think that idea is pretty funny, too. The only thing that concerns me - what if one of the members who currently had it was feeling kind of lonely? It does get cold in Canada!
That's why I said it needs a chastity belt.

I like the Ranger Bum idea better--it would be pure brilliance pulling that off. I'll bet nobody's done that with a fan forum before.

The blow-up doll is great, too. She can be the Ranger Bum. Maybe we can make I Hosted the Ranger Bum t-shirts and offer them (at cost) to whoever hosts the doll. At the end of it, make a book of the journey, featuring the doll in different places--all tasteful--but geographically significant. My wife makes books of the kids summer vacation and things using something on Apple's website. Very nice little books, too. She uses a tool on-line to add her pictures and text and they mail back a colorful, quality book. All the kids have their first 5 years of life in a book, too. Offer the books for a profit after the thing is over.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
:thefinger: blow up dolls get crispy at -25

blow up doll gets my vote. that sounds like an amazing idea. :icon_thumby: it gives me an excuse to drive to meet more guys. i wanna give adsm a hard time for giving me all the bad advice.. i mean helpful tips. :D

along with the doll, should include a container of clorox wipes. wipe down should be manditory before hand off.

its got a ride across the plains and onward to the north east for sure. ill make sure of it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals