• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New System

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Since I started reading here I seem to have caught the audio bug. A couple of months ago I replaced the front speakers in my '02 B4000 with Pioneer TS-A6872R 3-ways w/foam baffles. With the baffles the bass sounds really tight. It made such an improvement in my sound that now I've bought Pioneer TSD-D6802R 2-ways for the back. Tomorrow I'm going to the car audio shop down the road to order a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB HU. Whatta ya think?

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
that hu seems nice let us know how you like it

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Test out the display model first before you buy it. I was considering a Pioneer HU a while back, and decided against it after testing it out. I found the menus to be confusing and counter-intuitive. And I'm someone who's usually good at figuring out electronic stuff like this.

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
that hu seems nice let us know how you like it
Thanks. The HU has to be ordered so it may be a week or so before I get it, but I'll be sure and let you know what I think of it.

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Test out the display model first before you buy it. I was considering a Pioneer HU a while back, and decided against it after testing it out. I found the menus to be confusing and counter-intuitive. And I'm someone who's usually good at figuring out electronic stuff like this.
I demoed a 3100 HU at the shop. It has the same type of controller as the 5100. There's going to be a definite learning curve. Still, the Pioneer had the most bang for my budget dollar. I'm also very interested in the sound of the D6802R speakers.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love the sound of the TS series speaakers from pioneer. I have the 6-3/4" 4-way up front and 5-1/4" 3-way in back. I have the DEH-P7000BT HU in my truck and I LOVE IT!!!

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love the sound of the TS series speaakers from pioneer. I have the 6-3/4" 4-way up front and 5-1/4" 3-way in back. I have the DEH-P7000BT HU in my truck and I LOVE IT!!!
ive had many pioneers and some are confusing at first but they all have the same menu layout for the most part. ive had deh6600, deh7600, deh80, and i currently have a deh8600 in my jeep and i love it.

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the encouragement guys. The HU is ordered. It should be in later this week! I've received the D6802R speakers. I'm impressed with their build quality. They might have better sound than the front speakers. This is how the addiction starts isn't it?

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Well, after two weeks the local shop called and said that my HU was backordered or out of stock at all of their suppliers. So, I ordered a DEH-P510UB Premier from Crutchfield. It was on sale for only ten bucks more than the P5100. I know they're the same unit, but I figured it was worth $10.00 to get the extra year of warranty coverage. Anyway, it's FINALLY getting installed on Monday. :yahoo: I've wanted a good system for so long. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

joldtown

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have the same A6872s in all four corners in my 02 xlt, and for the price I couldn't be more pleased. I'm in the process of getting the 3100 hu, and can't wait to get it in. Like you said for the price you can't go wrong.

B4000RYDER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Well it's done. The new stereo sounds fantastic! I've played everything from Jimi Hendrix to smooth jazz. I still want to experiment using the 7-band EQ to fine tune the sound, but even with one of the stock settings the highs and mids are clear and well defined and the bass really thumps. The D-series rear speakers have a better bass response than the A-series fronts. That was just what I was hoping for. I also think that using Boom-Mat foam baffles really helped bring out a solid bass. I invited an 18 year old co-worker to give it a listen and he was surprised at the quality of the bass without subwoofers.

It's going to take me a while to learn all of the controls but the basics for playing FM and CDs are no problem at all. As a bonus cool factor it has several animated displays to choose from. I've read that some people have a problem reading the display but I haven't so far. I still have plenty of options for adding amps, front components, sub-woofers and other features later if I want to. Overall, I'm thrilled with the improvement in my music. I'm going out of town this weekend and for once I can't wait to make the 2+hour drive to my girlfriend's.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals