• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to trs with a project ranger!

Mudstomper99

Law Enforcement
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A little about me I am 25 from maryland with a fiancé a 2 year old and one due in October. I have a 1995 ranger 2.3 4x4 rclb. I picked it up for 800 bucks in pretty good shape but as usual I'm never happy with anything. So I plan on doing a sas in the fall. I'm going to do a yj dana 30 with leaf springs. This thing will be some what of a dd but I do have other vehicles as well. Also it will not see heavy off road use. I'll make a post at some point when I get my parts gathered.

I'm really from the diesel world and this is my first little truck build. I have had it for a few months and I really enjoy it.
I have had all 3 big company diesels and they are my passion but this little truck is going to be a cool project as well.
I am a member over at frf but most of the stuff I have been searching for has come up on this site so I figured I would register here and I'll throw up a few pic as well. I have had many other jeeps cars trucks as well but this is a few

This is the day I bought it and how it sits now

Here is a few of one of my other conversions that I have done so people don't think I'm bsing lol

Day 1

Last days I owned it

Last edited:

Mudstomper99

Law Enforcement
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright I have a few questions.
I have found a used 1995 jeep wrangler yj dana 30 front axle. The axle was geared with 4.10s which is what I'm looking to find. Also the axle has new calipers, rotors and pads as well as new steering components with new tie rod ends and a bds steering stabilizer. He also has the same yj leaf springs and I can get the complete set up for 300 is this a good deal?

I have done a search of local cl ads and prices are everywhere so I am just looking for a general price range thanks

NEVERDONE86

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
It's not a bad deal. Don't go to big with tires and you should be fine. There is a lot of members that have the d30 and love it. Welcome to TRS and good luck on your build!

Mudstomper99

Law Enforcement
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks I plan on sticking with 32 or 33a with not to much lift. The 4cyl won't handle more than 33s I wouldn't think thanks for the reply!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals