• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Nightmare With National Carburetors in FL

ClaytonBigsby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Turd.8
Transmission
Manual
I recently durasparked my 85 BII and traded my feedback carb for a Holley 350. The Holley was garbage so I needed a non-feedback 2150. I ordered a 2150 from National Carburetors in Jacksonville, FL. I clealry put in the instructions that I wanted a non-feedback 2150. I paid $40 for FedEx 3 day shipping. After placing my order I received an email informing me that the carbs take 3-10 business days to build out. Nowhere on their website does it state this or I would have just paid a little more to get one locally. 22 days later I received a feedback carb.

I contacted them to find out what carb number I should have recieved and ordered it immediately. I, again, paid for fedex 3 day shipping as I needed this carb three weeks ago. I called today to find out it was sent fedex ground. WTF? Ordering a carb from them has already cost me $40 for 3 day, $5 for handling, $5 hazardous waste fee, and $17 shipping to return the wrong carb back. So far, I have wasted $67 on BS and shipping. They do not appear to give a damn.

Buyer Beware.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have bought from them for my drag/hot rods some time ago and never had any issues. Several of my hot rod buddys buy from them time to time and never had any problems like you have had. They are one of the best rebuilt carb places I can think of. Everyone of the carbs they sell to someone are built to order by a tech after the order comes in. This is from their website:

In order to provide you the highest quality remanufactured carburetors in the industry, each carburetor is individually built by our certified technicians using a master rebuilding kit. All other components are cleaned, tested or rebuilt to meet O.E.M Specifications. The base plates are rebushed to remove excess wear from around the throttle shaft to stop certain vacuum leaks. All bolts and linkage parts are zinc plated. As well as casings are tumbled to chrome like finish. Or by special request, Dichromate finish can be applied.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Just tell em it is for a 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with a 5.9L engine . The AMC 360 used the same carb from 72-91. The carb is not a hot rod carb. I had mine so leaned out, it passed MA emissions by a huge margin. The Wags had a 2.73 D44 so they werent too snappy off the line. With the stock running gear , it would cruise smoothly at 75 mph. The only electrical connection is the electric choke. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals