• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

no 4x4

Rosie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 1994 4x4 with the electronic shift button on the dash. when i push the button nothing happens, the dash 4wd lights do not come on nor do the light on the button console itself. i don't have the manual so i pulled all the fuses in the fuse box and all are good.

any other ideas?

thanks for you time...

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Shift Motor

Most likely its the Transfercase shift motor. Looks like an older Power Window motor bolted to the back of the transfercase on the upper left side. Try having someone push the button while you tap on the motor with a hammer. If it magically works, time for a new motor or an attempt to clean the old one. There is a write up on how to do that but the ones i have tried are too wore out.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Most likely its the Transfercase shift motor. Looks like an older Power Window motor bolted to the back of the transfercase on the upper left side. Try having someone push the button while you tap on the motor with a hammer. If it magically works, time for a new motor or an attempt to clean the old one. There is a write up on how to do that but the ones i have tried are too wore out.
x2

my dad did this with my B2 years back and it HAD worked pretty good since then....the other day, i tried to put it in 4-LO in the snow(to see if it worked) and it wont go in. goes into 4-HI (thank God cuz i needed it) just fine.

the permanent fix is getting a manual shift t-case, i plan on doing it ASAP

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals