• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oh how i love new subwoofer day!

Schwinnstingray1964

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3 4Cyl
Transmission
Manual
Went to my local trade center last night, and talked to some crazy asian dude.

I asked him what the best truck sub he had was, He showed me some crazy like square flat panel sub, I said, whats the cheapest, He brings out a Crunch GRP12D4. I was like, alright, How much, He says 20 bucks.

So i now have a decent sub in my ride, All for beer money.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14710_Crunch+GRP12D4.html

Have a good day TRS. :icon_thumby:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
haha what was the square sub?

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
thats not a decent sub.....

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
the square ones hit pretty damn hard. if u got a sub for 20 bucks and it works and sounds good and ur happy then u got a good deal. all my buddies go through systems like underwear so i get stuff pretty cheap. i have 2 legacy 12's with blue camo trim in a truck box that i bought for 20 bucks. both worked and the box was a real box not a cheap homemade one. bought the 1000w amp off ebay for about 60 or 70 bucks. hits pretty damn hard. actually it broke my driverside mirror. i love the looks old people give me when im bumpin hahahahhahahaha

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I don't know much about the newer Crunch stuff, but I used to have a pair of 10's that hit hard as hell. I actually still have a couple of old school 15 inch Crunch's that I am going to add back to my home theater again someday. Big speakers and little kids don't mix, so I had to go with a different arrangement for a few years.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the square ones hit pretty damn hard. if u got a sub for 20 bucks and it works and sounds good and ur happy then u got a good deal. all my buddies go through systems like underwear so i get stuff pretty cheap. i have 2 legacy 12's with blue camo trim in a truck box that i bought for 20 bucks. both worked and the box was a real box not a cheap homemade one. bought the 1000w amp off ebay for about 60 or 70 bucks. hits pretty damn hard. actually it broke my driverside mirror. i love the looks old people give me when im bumpin hahahahhahahaha
this is absolutely the dumbest thing ive heard. Your not gonna get optimal performance without a box being made for your certain subs. Each sub has different specs that require a certain size of box for optimal performance. ALL competition systems are "homemade" boxes and they are more "real" than your Legacy 12s will ever be. and for 60-70 bucks your not going to get 1000w amp. the MAX rating may be but you have to look at the RMS rating.

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
this is absolutely the dumbest thing ive heard. Your not gonna get optimal performance without a box being made for your certain subs. Each sub has different specs that require a certain size of box for optimal performance. ALL competition systems are "homemade" boxes and they are more "real" than your Legacy 12s will ever be. and for 60-70 bucks your not going to get 1000w amp. the MAX rating may be but you have to look at the RMS rating.

you gotta remember not everybody is this into audio systems, most people just want some bass, not "the most optimal performance" lighten up a little, your making yourself sound like a jackass.:taunt: a cheap system is just that, A CHEAP SYSTEM. if you want the best performance you would buy some subs for a few hundred each and make your own box for those and an amp to match.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
In my Mustang I have an MA Audio 10 inch sub, which for the money I paid for it does quite well. I'm also running it with an Orion Cobalt 500.1 amp which I got for around 100 bucks. They make my ears hurt without distorting, and that's what I'm in to. Box, sub, and amp, I'm in the ballpark of 200 bucks. I also have a Carver epicenter for stuff with no Bass.

I would like a small sub in my Ranger, but there's just not enough room. I don't want to clog my super cab with audio equipment.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
you gotta remember not everybody is this into audio systems, most people just want some bass, not "the most optimal performance" lighten up a little, your making yourself sound like a jackass.:taunt: a cheap system is just that, A CHEAP SYSTEM. if you want the best performance you would buy some subs for a few hundred each and make your own box for those and an amp to match.
yea i did sound like a jackass...lol. Didnt mean too but oh well. Alot of people think that their local shops prefab boxes are the best.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Alot of people think that their local shops prefab boxes are the best.
Mine is made by Scorpion. It's OK, but it would sound a shit ton better if I had a custom box.

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ok for starters u definitely sounded like a dick. and my box is not some homemade piece of shit. it is a legit truck box. i dont give a flying **** about how much space a speaker needs. if it hits it hits, nuff said. and the box i bought from a friend who knows his shit. i got the box and the two 12's for 20 bucks. u cant beat that. plus the amp i bought brand new off ebay. look it up u can get amps for cheap on ebay. maybe u dont think its up to par but it hits hard in my truck. i broke my driver side mirror right in half from it hitting so hard. people here me coming from far down the road. if i got it turned up real loud then i cant turn my head from side to side without it affecting my eardrum. my truck hits hard and i like it. im not going to a competition u asshole so dont judge my shit without hearing it.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok for starters u definitely sounded like a dick. and my box is not some homemade piece of shit. it is a legit truck box. i dont give a flying **** about how much space a speaker needs. if it hits it hits, nuff said. and the box i bought from a friend who knows his shit. i got the box and the two 12's for 20 bucks. u cant beat that. plus the amp i bought brand new off ebay. look it up u can get amps for cheap on ebay. maybe u dont think its up to par but it hits hard in my truck. i broke my driver side mirror right in half from it hitting so hard. people here me coming from far down the road. if i got it turned up real loud then i cant turn my head from side to side without it affecting my eardrum. my truck hits hard and i like it. im not going to a competition u asshole so dont judge my shit without hearing it.
never said it was homemade POS. If you would spend the time to make the box for those particular speakers you would be surprised. and what makes it a "legit" truck box? because it has a slant baffle its legit? Not bad for 20 bucks ill admit. What brand is the amp? id be willing to bet its one of these: Pyle, Boss, Power Akoustic, Legacy, or another flea market brand. Everyone has to start somewhere i guess. yea, you can get amps cheap of ebay but its not quality. Post up pics of your system. I dont go to competitions either i was just using them as an example. Even though i dont go to competitions i still want to have great quality stuff to be loud and sound good doing it. i would love to see your system tho...i wanna see what can break a mirror clean off a truck for around 100 bucks.

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
never said it was homemade POS. If you would spend the time to make the box for those particular speakers you would be surprised. and what makes it a "legit" truck box? because it has a slant baffle its legit? Not bad for 20 bucks ill admit. What brand is the amp? id be willing to bet its one of these: Pyle, Boss, Power Akoustic, Legacy, or another flea market brand. Everyone has to start somewhere i guess. yea, you can get amps cheap of ebay but its not quality. Post up pics of your system. I dont go to competitions either i was just using them as an example. Even though i dont go to competitions i still want to have great quality stuff to be loud and sound good doing it. i would love to see your system tho...i wanna see what can break a mirror clean off a truck for around 100 bucks.
it didnt break my mirror off, it split it down the middle tho. i was wrong about my speakers, they r not legacy 12s they r lanzar ls 12s. i can try to get a pic up here. yeah i got the amp off ebay but it works for me. it pushes my 12s pretty good and saved me money. id raterh get something off ebay than get ripped off by some craigslist person wantin hi buck for everything they have. i like my system. it sounds good. besides im only in a truck. its not like a big ol suburban or somethin where u would need higher quality components. but mine r in a basic pre made truck box. a little bigger than normal ones, i dont know if it came with the speakers or if those were put in afterwards but i know for 20 bucks u cant beat that, i dont need loud ass bumpin music, i just like it loud with good sound which is what i got.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals