• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oh, no...

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The tensioner assembly came flying out the bottom of my truck today. I guess we didn't have it tightened in there well enough. I think it actually got loose over time and it snapped today. Now I have to drill the fuggin stud out of the bracket. Hey, good times, all!

Has anyone replaced their tensioner? Did it come with 2 different bolt types? We had a HELL of a time trying to figure out which bolt the directions were telling us to use. They could have made it very simple but instead they explained it twice and all sorts of confusingly both times.

The tensioner doesn't have starpoint spring-loaded stuff, it just has one big bolt which we used and another bolt with a plastic retainer. From what we understood we were supposed to use the big bolt, it did fit so I don't think we went wrong there.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
well thats def a youtube moment, no never changed mine (youd think i would have had to in 16 yrs/280k miles but never had to do that, hell im still on the factory alternator!!!)

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ive replaced a few 3.0 tensioners over the years. i seem to remember them all using a large torx bolt held in place with an o-ring.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive replaced a few 3.0 tensioners over the years. i seem to remember them all using a large torx bolt held in place with an o-ring.
Yeah, this part doesn't come with that, it comes with a big stud with a ring and a slightly smaller stud with a ring also but also a plastic retainer. I'm pretty sure we used the right one and just couldn't tighten it all the way, this time we gotta spray air or something in there to get it clean.

Now, off to drilling!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals