• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil Filter Adapter

jarz21

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I think that the "4-Cylinder Oil Filter Upgrade" section should be updated to say specifically what years the M-6880-A50 adapter will (or will not) fit onto. I bought one for my '92 2.3L expecting it to fit, but then I found that the truck already had an FL-1A filter and that the adapter wouldn't clear the frame.

Incidentally, I now have a M-6880-A50 oil filter relocater/ adapter, if anyone is interested. It's brand-new. I paid $40 for it, so it'd be nice if I could get that much out of it as well.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
I think your the first person to not have it fit. On yours, the oil filter hits the driver's side frame rail? By how much?

The article was written about a '01 but, I have the similar Merkur adapter on my '92.

jarz21

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm assuming the adapter can only be mounted one way, in which case the frame rail goes at least an inch into the area where the filter would be. The side of the adapter that the filter screws onto seems to protrude enough that it might clear, but it is not machined for an o-ring like the side that screws onto the old filter location. I haven't actually checked, but I can't imagine that my motor mounts are so shot that the engine is majorly drooping or anything like that. I guess it'll be another 3,000 miles before I can really check it out again though...

ToyTruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mr Gasket makes a remote oil filter kit that includes a bypass plate that threads on to the stock oil filter flange and gives you 2 threaded ports to which you can attach rubber hose. If you'd like, I can dig up the part number as I have this mod on my wife's truck. I went to a dual filter remote setup and I use the big 2-qt filters.

Just found the part number. Mr Gasket part number 7687 will give you a dual filter remote setup whereas part number7682 will get you a single filter setup.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals