• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil Fliter Location Leak

jimmy3970

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 v8 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hello All,

Need help on Why ? on the bottom of my oil filter location kit from summit racing there is fresh oil around rings i guest. As I can see that there is no oil around the lines on top of the oil filter location kit. Can anyone tell me why I have oil around the rings that are on the bottom of the kit. After I have let the truck running for awhile & driving it. Any thought would be great.

Twisted_Steel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Did you oil the o-ring on the filter before installing it?

jimmy3970

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 v8 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Did you oil the o-ring on the filter before installing it?
Twisted_Steel I don't know I didn't Install it Myself I had Someone do it for Me. It was done when I had The V8 Engine & C-6 Tranny & Other Things Done To The Truck. I didn't Notice it Til Jan. When I Drove It & Started The Truck Up & Lett It Run For About 15 minutes or So. Thats When I Noticed It
& Few Other Times After That. Thanks again for answering My Question. The Oil Filter Itself Is Fine. It's The Kit Which Is Attach To My Oil Pan It's The Rings On The Bottom Of The Kit.

Jimmy3970

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals