• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Parking Brake Cables

RedRangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2002 Ranger FX4. The parking brake sticks every once in a while, so I figured I would replace the cables on it. I picked up the cables from Advance Auto Parts that the website specifies for my truck (C660112 for the rear left, and C94741 for the rear right). These are the cables that Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, and Pep Boys all specify for an extended cab, 4x4 Ranger with the "HD suspension", which I assume applies to the FX4. I tried to install the cables and although the left one went on ok and seems to be correct, the right one was almost 3" shorter than the old one. Of course upon installation it caused the right wheel to lock up, as the brakes were applied even with the parking brake released. I moved the adjuster on the drum brakes all the way in as well, which didn't help. Has anyone else come across this issue? I suppose I could try the dealer, although they want over $70 for the cable. It was -5F this morning in central NY so I like to warm the truck up before heading to work. I currently have to park it places where it won't roll away while warming up for fear that the parking brake won't release :pissedoff:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
get a block of wood and tie a piece of string to it. throw it under a tyre, instant parking brake.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals