• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

parts manufacturers suck

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
:temper:finally got my truck back from the tranny shop today and was told that the support bushings on my transfer case were almost toast:bawling:[mine is a divorced unit, 4 studs screwed into the top of case, 2 on each side] said that he couldn't get to it right away as they were backed up pretty tight but that he could do it on the 200mile inspection. i told him that i would check it out and see what i could come up with. well here's my problem, where i am at we have 4 parts houses, none of which could come even close or even in the same ballpark of what i need:temper::temper:and one 4X4 specialty shop who i haven't tried yet. my question to you guys is that if the 4X4 shop can't help me, does anyone have a divorced unit and if so has anyone ever had to replace their support bushings and what did you use if you had to fab them yourselves. and as to the title of this thread, why put a consumable part on a vehicle if you ain't gonna keep it in stock or have a parts number to order the d**n thing

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_confused:are there no fabricators out there?:icon_welder:don't want to tear up my $1400 tranny cuz my transfer case mounts are junk:bawling:thought i had some good neoprene rubber but on closer inspection found it to be dry rotted. the blocks between the case and mounting brackets seem to be o.k, it's the donut bushings that are on top of the mounting brackets that are junk. i thought about doing a hard mount between the case and the bracket using washers as shims but i don't know if that is feasable. have been told that the bushings reduce vibration from the transfer case:icon_confused:, again i'm not sure. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i wanna go play, but idon't want to tear it up due to ignorance:sad:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
parts found

found my bushings:yahoo::yahoo:, soon as i get them in i can play:drool::3gears:, was hoping for some input, but that is o.k, i would rather have no input than bad input. for those of you in the western washington area who run into my problem and need obscure parts for your older fullsize fords you can try Quality 4X4 and Truck Supply at 1-800-924-1453

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Should I call the WAAAAAAAMBULANCE?

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
Should I call the WAAAAAAAMBULANCE?
and what the hell is that supposed to mean?all i wanted was some feedback on my problem, nobody had anything to offer, and like i said that's cool. what i don't need is someone like you posting stupid sh*t in my thread. if you can't contribute anything useful or positive :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
YOUR thread? Welcome to the net, shortbusrider.

You chose to drive an old vehicle; finding some parts is going to require some work.....

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Would you two like some time to yourselves?

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
Would you two like some time to yourselves?
PLEASE............and as to you clueless, opps that's almostclueless,i may be a, hmmmmmmm, how did you put it? i believe that was shortbusrider wasn't it? well that may be so, but at least my screen name can't be construed to mean "retarded" in most civilized circles:idiot:. by the way, keep 'em coming this is getting to be fun:icon_thumby:

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Just bein a smartbutt.......but you have to get used to dealing with finding parts for old vehicles....

Incidentally, that truck is kinda cool. Can't say much about the owner LOL

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
Just bein a smartbutt.......but you have to get used to dealing with finding parts for old vehicles....

Incidentally, that truck is kinda cool. Can't say much about the owner LOL
de nada, was havin a bad day earlier and your comment rubbed me the wrong way. normally i don't let things like that raise my hair, my bad. thanks for the comment on my truck, it don't look like much, but it gets me where i need to go. and actually since all i've owned is "old" stuff, i'm kinda used to trying to locate the parts. just that around here where i live the parts houses suck, so just trying to build the rolodex so to speak on where to get things:icon_thumby:. peace and have a good one:D

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Nahh, I was bein smart. Either way it's the web; nothing stoppin ya from firing back LOL

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals