• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Passenger side floorboard WET!!

2000Ranger3.slo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have seen a few posts about leaks and wet carpet, but no one has yet to really have an answer. I have a 2000 and everytime it rains for an extended amount of time my passenger side floorboard is soaked... its not the heater core, its definately water its only wet when it rains. Anyway, insight on a way to fix this problem? Its such a nuisance, its startin to smell funny- HELP!?!?:beer:

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Last time my cab leaked... I took a hose and ran water over the cab of my truck until I discovered the leak from the inside. Mine was that wonderful third brake light.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Mine leaked on the front drivers side floorboard, I took the fender off and cleaned the drain trough that runs inside the cowl. That made it leak WAY less, but it still slightly does. My leak is coming from the wall area on the side of the cab, down by the floor, as far as I can tell.

You could try looking at your windshield seal, as well as maybe boots/ covers on the firewall, and look all over the wall area down by the floor board, and see if you can trace the water up from the floor, to the source.

2000Ranger3.slo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Preciate the help guys. Its raining out so i was looking up under the dash and all around, where the hinges for the door bolt on it seems water is leaking through to the inside and down to under the carpet. Ughh, im gonna get some silicone and seal up everything!!!:headbang:

Hitch_Hiker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Passenger Side leak

I have a 2000 XLT that leaks from under the dash. If I run a hose in the outside cowling on the passenger side the water pours into the cab. I can't see in the cowling but it appears to be where an electrical harness attaches to Powertrain Control Module that is mounted into the firewall and is open into the cab on the backside of the "chamber" the black box fits in. Why on earth would they create so many seams in an area that collects rain water. I have not figured out how to seal it. I have removed my carpet and pulled one of the rubber plugs in my floor.

Ranger-rick

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had this issue with my old BII. It was caused because the inner cowl had rust in it and the water would seep through.

Depending on where you live this could be your issue.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
The 3rd brake light has been a problem on many trucks and not attached to one specific brand. I had a 2500 Dodge that leaked there and ruined the headliner so that it needed replacing. Kowboy

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my vote is windshield seal, esp as it only happens on a heavy rain

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'd go with the cowl...been there...got wet~!

vanmor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've had a leak inside my 91' forever. it started on the passenger side and then expanded to the driver's side. It was raining last week before this big cold snap. I was out making sure the battery was up and antifreeze OK. It was then that I noticed the leak at the top of the windshield. It would drip onto the floor boards. I always thought my door or window seals were leaking.

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Figured It Out

Its because the cowl drains are plugged up with debris. At least this was the problem on my 94. I bought the truck new and never cleaned them out till it was almost 20 years old.
Depends on where its parked how much debris it will collect. Its an easy fix. Just remove the two black covers at the top of the firewall in the engine compartment and vacuum them out. Fish the hose down either side really good and you'll be OK.

Angry Possum

No Fat Chicks, Truck Will Scrape
Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT SC
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235 75 15
My credo
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Figured It Out

Its because the cowl drains are plugged up with debris. At least this was the problem on my 94. I bought the truck new and never cleaned them out till it was almost 20 years old.
Depends on where its parked how much debris it will collect. Its an easy fix. Just remove the two black covers at the top of the firewall in the engine compartment and vacuum them out. Fish the hose down either side really good and you'll be OK.
Is this the area to check?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals