• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Performance camshaft options?

nkhockey09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I was reading on here in other threads about cam options for the 2000 2.5l engine however i am a little stumpt on finding an actusal cam. Does anyone know if summit or jegs carry one or someone that does for an reasonable price. If im not mistaken i can use a performance cam from the 2,3l as long as i use the right followers but am not 100 percent sure on that. If any of you have put an actual cam in let me know how you like it and witch one you used. Thanks!

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
2.5 and 2.3 followers/cams are the same.

Delta camshaft makes great regrind on cams for pretty cheap, a guy I know got one for 83$ from them for his turbo engine all to his specifications. http://deltacam.com/ Give them a call and explain what you want exactly.

Schneider Racing Cams also does excellent camshafts, they will also do to your specifications/goal but little more pricey. http://schneidercams.com/

Engle Camshafts also does great stuff. http://www.englecams.com/

First off before giving them a call you need to fix a goal, if it's for DD or race, and if you're willing to sacrifice low end power for high end.

flaminranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a delta regrind in mine and it works fine it made it a little better on the top end but not much on the low side .
the cam is a 260 duration with either a .410 or .420 lift I can't remember. plus mine is not a roller style but it should work out the same. just use your followers.
the guys at delta know their stuff and they can help you out.
the best thing to do in my opinion is port and polish the head and maybe mill it. I think that would be your best bang but it also intales pulling the head.

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats a little too broad of a statement,all 2.3,2.5 followers are not the same.-95 were a little wider based cams and the valves had a bigger stem hence,the followers from a +95 2.3 and 2.5 will not fit the stems without opening them up.Were did you get the Delta cam?You probably would have had just as much improvement putting in a stock roller as a reground flat cam.Esslingers says you shouldn't use rollers against a flat cam but what do they know? How much was the cam?

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
I know 94- heads had 7/16 valve stems while 95+ have 7 mm ones. Sorry, I didnt explain well. I meaned the ratio was all the same exepct for the flat cam. It is the only difference I see. 95+ followers wont fit the 94 and older heads.. But 95+ 2.3 and 2.5 engines have the same cam/followers.

I posted the link for the delta cam up there, http://deltacam.com/

flaminranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats a little too broad of a statement,all 2.3,2.5 followers are not the same.-95 were a little wider based cams and the valves had a bigger stem hence,the followers from a +95 2.3 and 2.5 will not fit the stems without opening them up.Were did you get the Delta cam?You probably would have had just as much improvement putting in a stock roller as a reground flat cam.Esslingers says you shouldn't use rollers against a flat cam but what do they know? How much was the cam?
I got mine right from delta for $0 dollars but don't expect the same price I have connections.lol
and no I have more power than a roller cammed stock ranger I proved that thursday that guy had no idea what hit him.
but I sure wish I got better mileage from that cam.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals