• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Please read: recon sucks

rathranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am a truck enthusiast who enjoys to modify and add products to my truck for better looks and functionality. Recently I ordered the Recon LED Extreme Scanning Light Bar. I ordered the light bar on June 6, 2011. The website stated the light bars were on back order until I believe June 23. June 23 came and went. I called the company to ask about it and they said it was on back order until mid-late August. I said that I still wanted the light bar and was willing to wait until then. Up until that point, the customer service was fine even when they told me there would be a three month wait.

By September 1st I was still without a light bar so I checked the website only to find that they had changed the back order date again to September 23. I e-mailed their customer service to see about compensation for the excessive wait period and repeated date changes. I received a reply saying I could order an additional item and receive a discount on that purchase. They offered me roughly $15 off a $130 product, in my eye that did not even come close to what was expected. I declined the offer because it was not worth spending an extra $100 to get a $15 discount.

It was now October 1st and there was still no light bar at my doorstep like they had promised. I checked the website and saw they had once again changed the back order date to October 16. I sent an aggressive e-mail to the customer service department because I was very displeased with how they were treating their customers. I felt as a customer I was being led on by all the date changes and broken obligations.

Up to this point the e-mails were professional both ways. The customer service department had started to become very offensive and somewhat personally attacked me and told me, “No worries. The light bar will ship out next week.” That e-mail was sent to me on approximately October 14. As of today, October 27, there is still no light bar, and no promises of compensation. In addition to that the customer service department has started to ignore my e-mails about my concerns.

I just wanted to let any and all fellow truck enthusiasts know that this is the kind of crap Recon products is giving me as a paying customer. I tried my best to stay professional about that situation but this much bull**** is ridiculous. Make sure this does not happen to you.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What the hell would you order directly from the manufacturer for? lmao.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
demand a refund.. order a rigid industries bar..

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah. that crap pisses me off. just order rims from jegs saying they would be shipped next thursday which was fine then the next day they tell me they are now shipping out in 2 months. why dont they just put it on there website saying its a 2 month wait. I called and cancelled my order.

do what 4.0 says and get the rigid bar

whale

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Gas Hog
Transmission
Automatic
Nobody's worse than Autopartsdealer.com

Will

rathranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I acutally ordered through truckaddons.com they have been fine with it. but the thing is they haven't heard anything from recon since July

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals