• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power Windows Are Weak

sluhbmet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've owned my 95 Ranger since it was a couple of years old and had 40,000 miles on the clock. From the date I got it the power windows on both sides have been slow to go up. They go down just fine, but creep up slowly. It never really bothered me since the heat and a/c have always worked fantastic in it. However, I'm getting ready to try and sell it and don't want to pass the problem on to someone else. Does anyone know if it's usually the window motors or if it's the regulators that cause this problem. The windows don't catch or hang up, they just creep up real slow. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

sluhbmet

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have the same problem on my '97. If you grab the top of the window can you slop it back and forth and if you hold it to the back of the door does it go up faster? Thats how mine are any how, i've tried adjusting the track in the door but unsure of proper procedure

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Take the door panel off and grease the metal guide channels on the mechanism/regulator with some lithium grease (this made a huge difference on my BII's windows).

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
never thought of doing that. Thanks!

sluhbmet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey thanks for the fast replies. I didn't expect any replies this soon. I'm gonna go out tomorrow morning and try shifting the window around in the track and see if mine speed up any. I could be wrong but that sounds more like the regulator than it does the motor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals