• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

question about intake on 07

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok so i was cleaning up my tb and trying to get as far as i could into the intake and get the oily mess out and i decided to take the intake off to see the extent of the mess and i went to take off one of the bolts and i got a hiss and some white oil looking stuff came out so i tightend it up as fast as i could and by the way the tb was off so im trying to figure out if this is normal or what ive NEVER had an intake bolt hiss at me ever before. i threw the tb back on and got everything hooked back up and truck ran fine no problems. so was this normal or what i dont want to touch the thing again if its gonna happen again or if its gonna mess up the truck. what do yall think? its an 2007 automatic 2wd if that helps and of course its the 3.0

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
truck was cool had been sittin all day and it was one of the bolts that help down the intake
it was the top bolt on the intake you can see the white stuff between the runners up from the bolt

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hmmm... yeah I don't think thats normal... unless ford does it to scare the piss out of anyone trying to work on there own vehicle lol. It should just be a threaded hole into the lower intake or something.

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats what i was thinking just like what ford use to put on the tbs that said not to clean them because they had a teflon coating on them

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well I guess the only thing to do would be to take it off and see if it keep spewing or if it stops fast... i would wait for someone else to chime in first but... sounds good to me.

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats my thinking exactly

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals