• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Body Lift Help.. Brake Lines

Ranger_Boi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok im on a tight budget and i have everything i need for me to do my body lift a friend of mines dad said that i might need to replace the brake lines is this true cuz if i dont have to that will save me 100$ thanks

Twinkie

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
A body lift, nope. The brake lines are just fine. Look at your master cylinder and then the brake lines going off of it, you will see why you don't need to extend them. There is quite a bit of eccess.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
No brake lines necessary. You are just going to drop the radiator with small brackets, extend your steering shaft with an adapter, relocate your parking brake with a bracket, and add a couple plates to your bumper/brackets. You just take out the bed & cab bolts, and add longer bolts & cylindrical, polyurethane (plastic) "blocks."

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
No brake lines necessary. You are just going to drop the radiator with small brackets, extend your steering shaft with an adapter, relocate your parking brake with a bracket, and add a couple plates to your bumper/brackets. You just take out the bed & cab bolts, and add longer bolts & cylindrical, polyurethane (plastic) "blocks."
+1

You usually need to extend brake lines with a suspension lift. They do need to be adjusted though (or so says the Performance Acc. instructions) so watch to not kink them.

Ranger_Boi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

so that all comes in the kit right?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals