• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

resource for hard to find LT235/75R15 tires

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A resource for hard to find LT235/75R15 tires in a real mud tread:

I just received 5 tires for $504.35 delivered.

14/32 or 11 mm tread depth new, not as polished as treadwright retreads, and I was not able to get winter traction on them. BUT, I did not want to spend $400+ on rims for the F-150 to get 16" rims since treadwright has pretty much dropped all 15" tires. The F-150 I am trying to get running and on the road has bald 235/15" rollers that came with it are probably in danger of exploding. I usually mount my own tires and balance with #8.5 bird shot or .177 copper coated steel BBs.

They do have an awesome looking 16" tire, I _almost_ bought them, but, I really did not want to spend $1000 for tires and rims on something I have not even cranked over, yet.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
hard to find 235/75/15’s? thats the most common 15” tire TO find. 15’s in general arent as plentiful to find now as they were 20-ish years ago when they were a std oem size but are a lot better then the selection for 14’s.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't see a shortage in 235/75R15 tires that were stock on F150's and Jeeps, etc.

Maybe you are referring to "LT" specifically, but they're out there.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
re: Forceum M/T

No, not aggressive enough :-D I really wanted a chevron pattern for a mud tire as that is the best thing in GA clay as it tends not to load up into a slime ball. Better when driving over lawns too. The exception being Super Swamper SSR tires, I had those in 33s (16.5" rim) and they were awesome and cleaned well.

I looked into those Chinese tires, reading the amazon reviews, on a tire store's website, and 4x4 boards. The general consensus is poor quality, side wall blowouts, and NO warranty. I figured they would end up being a thornbird, all show and no go when you actually use it off road in mud.

I did find some good LT mud tires, BUT, they were close to $250-300 each. I thought about these:

BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 - Size: LT235/75R15

BUT, it did not look like enough space between the tread blocks.

I have been buying treadwright tires for probably close to 14 years, way back when they had green diamond tires. Though my tires generally dry rot before I wear them bald, I have worn a few down to replacement bars. They come with a warranty. Though the warranty is not as good as treadwright, tirerecappers come with a warranty, almost none of the Chinese A and B tier tires have a warranty. SOL on shoddy workmanship, it is like buying nankang tires for your trailer.

I bought these retread tires a year ago, going to be putting them on my B2 now that I have done a 3" body lift to fit them:

245 75 16 E - LT | MT CLAW 245/75R16 10PLY REMOLD USA with Kedge

Tread is a little tighter then I prefer, but, it does well off road in mud, as I have had them before on my larger trucks. I would have bought them in LT235/75r15 without a second thought for both the B2 and F-150, but, TW seems to have dropped all 15" tire support, so, I upgraded the B2 to new 16" steel rims from the 15" alloy exploder rims just so I could use them.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I'm sure Treadwright would support the 15 inch tire market... if they had good casing to do so.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals