• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rims and Tires. On road and off road plus winter setups.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
How do you find the retreads hold up? I know a few people that have tried them, not from that site. But they didn't last long wore super fast and started falling apart just from a DD.

I mean those Guard Dog M/Ts are half the price on the Duratracs so that would be the way to go I would think if they are worth it.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Summer setup:

Winter setup:

Offroad setup;

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mine are the at's, have about 4 years and about 20+k on them and still have 70% tread left. they are e-rated on Michelin casings. i think they are holding up very, very well. there is NO evidence of separation, cracks, weathering, etc. they do dd duties and they have been on at least 4 1600+ mi. trips. no problems at all, ever. they have very good traction on the snow, ice, and mud we get up here and i've never been stuck with them. they are also great tires for trail riding. seem very resistant to cuts and abrasions, and grip very well. i will keep buying my tires there for sure. prices and quality can't be beat, and the shipping isn't too bad either.

"recap" is a misnomer to me. these tires are completely re-molded with the new tread. totally different from the way they used to 'recap' tires. the old way, they just glued on tread to old casings. i had my share of bad experiences with those, too.
just my $.02.

take a look here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55818

Last edited:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
here is wally worlds gift to us as much as i hate to buy from them they are the only ones selling these beasts of a tire

Goodyear Wrangler Authority 245/75/16 ( i went with the 265s) they are 10 ply load range E M+S evil tread 18/32 outta the gate-what a tire for the money! they look great too!

i just bought a pair-the jeep forum loves em

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983159

good luck
I wanna see pics of the authority's on your truck, i have been watching themand waiting for someone to review them, can you write a review thread on them?:icon_thumby:

OP remember whatever tire setup you choose to go with, sandbags or bricks are your best friend in the winter.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals