• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rough idle at start

theAntihero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
Ive got a 91ranger with the 4.0 ohv and its recently started idling really rough for the 1st couple seconds on its first start of the day when its cooler, any ideas on what it could be?

The check engine light doesnt come on and the engine is healthy for being 215000 miles from new(doesnt smoke,burn oil although i am getting some lifter noise). It was recently resurrected form sitting the woods for 7 years so there has been some little issues that i needed to go thru(temp sensor gauge failed, ABS speed sensor failed,tach isnt working).

Thanks

theAntihero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
UPDATE:

On a whim i punched the gas before starting it and now the rough idle at start has disapeared. I hit the gas only once and now everytime after that its been starting fine.

Any idea why?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals