• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shackle Flip and Deavers Not Hard To Do

DanjaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys just wanna say i did a hanger/shackle flip today and i dont know why everyone says its is such a pain in the ass it took me 40mins to grind the rivets and $325 dollars in parts to do ($300 for deavers and shackles+$15 in grade 8 nuts and bolts+a grinding disc+tarp+a wire wheel) in two half days of work mostly trying to get the damn bedbolts off and not rip out the tail light wiring just saying i did it really easily. ill try to get some pics of Project F-50 Danger Ranger up soon gotta find my camera it's somewhere....

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
didnt know it was supposed to be hard

subydrift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes please post pics! What deavers did you get? And are you flipped with the stock shackles or did you put in some longer ones?

And Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
its even easier if you have a step side. removable bed sides.

DanjaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no i didnt mean its like crazy hard, just people bitch about the rivets and such and grinding my bed did suck taking off i broke to of the c-clips nuts or whatever they are taking out the torx bolt might replace those with real bolts instead...Hmm ill pics up later tonite i promise oh i almost forgot i have f-31 deavers with 6 inch longer camburg shackles and would i need to move the hanger back and drill new holes for the spring to completely cycle or is it ok i have to extend brake lines still and i think that is hindering the cycle..... i hope

Last edited:

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
punctuation? since you got longer shackles, you'll want to move the hanger back so the front holes of the hanger lines up with the back holes of the stock location.

DanjaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok. i wodered about that, could i run it withthe stock shackles? or would i be better off using bigger ones. sorry i couldnt get pics up my camera is tempermental and then between school and work its nuts....

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
ok. i wodered about that, could i run it withthe stock shackles? or would i be better off using bigger ones. sorry i couldnt get pics up my camera is tempermental and then between school and work its nuts....
Use the longer shackle. It allows for more droop before spring seperation. (where each leaf spreads away from each other) and it allows you to C-Notch the frame with out the leaf springs dearching (where the leaf pack bends over backwards) at full bump.

DanjaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks im gonna drill new holes on thurs morning before class

subydrift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Any pics of your setup yet? I'm thinking of doing this same thing soon and would love to see your outcome!

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
this is the shackle/hanger at stock location.

this is the shackle/hanger moved back and down from stock location. moving the hanger down is like having kartek hanger.
key: red: stock location, black: new location, green: 1.5 longer shackle.

DanjaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea heres some pics sorry it took so long my camera is weird and it has a fisheye so it looks kinda funny but dos anyone know where i could get extended brake lines? subydrift its so easy to this and if you get the springs for the right price faily cheap too. now im going to buy a bronco 2 tank so its out of the way of my shocks when i get a bedcage :)

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/theorignalkeithkelly619/?action=view&current=PICT0016.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/theorignalkeithkelly619/?action=view&current=PICT0010.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/theorignalkeithkelly619/?action=view&current=PICT0017.jpg

Last edited:

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Embed code, in the box next to the picture. For lazy people like me.

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
im going to buy a bronco 2 tank so its out of the way of my shocks when i get a bedcage :)
Mount your shocks outside of the frame rails onto the spring plates.. If you need pictures, I can have some for you tonight. But yes a bronco II tank helps get some some weight over the rear end.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals