• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

shocks!

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?skuDescription=Gabriel+Guardian+/+Shock/Strut+-+Rear&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+&+Steering&fromString=&itemIdentifier=357582_0_7413_&productId=357582&sortType=&parentId=46-0&filterByKeyWord=&isSearchByPartNumber=&navValue=14600661&categoryNValue=&fromWhere=&itemId=661-0&displayName=Shock/Strut+-+Rear&store=5137&searchText=&brandName=Gabriel+Guardian

is it okay to get those shocks for my truck i have two inch lift blocks in the rear with 2 inch add a leafs but the add a leafs didnt lift it that high and the front only has two inch lift on it..so can i use those or do i have to get something else.can someone point me in the right direction

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
If it was me and I wasnt sure I'd pull out the tape measure and measure the length of the distance between shock mounts with the truck on the ground and in the air and find shocks that fit those measurements. If you have stock shocks I would probably unbolt them with the truck in the air to make sure that the shocks themselves aren't limiting the suspensions travel at full droop. If it's lifted and the shocks don't cover the longer length they are effectively your axle limiting straps and if you jump your truck or catch air for whatever reason you can pull apart the shock. So you'd either need to make sure your suspension can reach full droop with the shocks you intend to buy or add limiting straps to prevent the new shocks pulling apart or if you know that you'll never air it out or put it into a situation where the shocks could reach the end of their travel quickly you could be ok with out measuring with the shocks unbolted and suspension at full droop. And yes in my experience every stock shock setup I've ever messed with ran out of shock travel before the arms contacted and stopped themselves but stock wasn't meant to be abused and I have no idea how hard you use you truck. Good luck hope this helps:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals