• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sport Trac vs. Tiburon

NcRanger

Reaction score
Ok... so im driving home from my buddies hot rod shop, when i get off the interstate to take my buddy to his jeep. i pull up to the redlight and stop and wait for green... so my light turns green and i procede to pull out into the intersection and make a left turn... i just so happen to see this blur out of the corner of my eye... BAM! smashes right into my front wheel fender area... *side note* i see the girls head smash into the windshield but anyways... her car destroyed... i let them tow my car off since she hit right on the front wheel i didnt wanna chance the 20 mile drive home plus i think something is busted up front... they make us get away from the vehicles cuz her car is spilling gas and anti-freeze everywhere... so i actually dont know how BAD the sport trac is... the girl ran the redlight and didnt even touch the brakes... she blew a 1.1 nice right? So now... its midnight... i have no vehicle and got a massive headache... dammit, i had plans owell im alive my friends are alive... and even the drunk is alive, she has insurance so i suppose all is well, but the guy that towed my truck off flame jobbed the entire side of it pulling us apart, ill get some pics up in the morning when i go to get my shit out of my truck

booblinker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That shitty, if she didn't hit the brakes there probably a decent amount of damage there. You got full coverage? Also wpwp

booblinker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats good, Iforgot not all states are no fault like Michigan.

NcRanger

Reaction score
well there was like 20 people that saw the wreck and said the same thing... or in michigan someone running a redlight doesnt have to pay for another persons vehicle? wow if thats how it is i would move... to many bad drivers

Shotokan1509

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry about your truck man, hopefully it will be taken care of smoothly. Atleast no major injuries.

Thats good, Iforgot not all states are no fault like Michigan.

I have heard this but do not understand. So in this case, he was driving perfectly and was hit by a drunk person who ran a redlight and his insurance would still have to fix his own truck?

booblinker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Correct. If a drunk driver hits me i have to pay my deductible and my insurance pays. Its something like that, you can sue to try to get them to pay.

michowski

Reaction score
Now thats just bullsh@t. You have to pay for somebody elses mess up? Id be in court so fast making them pay for drinking and driving which they shouldnt be doing anyway even if its only a beer or 2. Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. If your at fault for causing an accident then you have to pay all the fee's in which you cause because of your f up.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
scary man, glad ur ok

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
here if YOU would have run the red light and she hit you and she was drunk she is still at fault. using the reasoning that the vehicle should not have been on the road.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
dude that suck cars never seem to be perfect/right after a collision with the sup. but glad to hear everybody was alright even the dumb ass drunk. maybe you can get the insrunace comp. to pay you what you lost in resale due to the collision. good luck.

NcRanger

Reaction score
yea...i just drove over there to see if i could get my stuff out... they where closed so now im waiting on them to get there so i can go in... but anyways my friggin' hazard lights where still tickin away... i dont know for sure if any suspension parts are messed up i just didnt wanna chance it... 45-50 mph str8 into the fender/wheel area was enough for me to say take it on a roll back... i hope its not to bad but i guess we will see... and i guess the part that REALLY makes me mad is i just sold my ranger like 3 weeks ago so now i gotta wait til like monday or something to get a rental

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i think it might have damage on the frame and suspension, hard 2 say though

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Yeah michigan no fault SUCKS.

When i had my 79 F150, I got hit by a drunk, it was in ohio.....I had PLPD....he had full coverage.....his insurace paid me 2500 bucks for my truck.

In michigan....when i got t boned by a Superduty that was doing 45 in a 25 in my 77 F150....he had full coverage, i had PLPD....my truck was issued a salvage title and i didnt see a dime for it...his truck was paid for by his insurance, AND my premiums went up.

Michigan is wonderful isnt it.

later,
Dustin

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals