• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

squirrel hunting? Anyone into it?

Vartz04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Transmission
Automatic
Ive tried the slow walk through the woods technique for the past 2 seasons, I got maybe 3 both seasons, going quite often (300 acres of woods behind my house)

Ive decided I need to do this a different way, I bought some cheap camo at walmart today and next weekend when I head home for thanksgiving break I am going to go to a spot where I always see squirrels real early, and just sit and wait.

I am going to also be using my gamo whisper pellet gun (plenty of power to knock down squirrels rabbits, wood chucks or muskrats) and really quiet, usually you can kill a varmit and its friend doesn't even run away

and predator hollow point pellets (leathal)

Anyone else hunt squirrel or other small game?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice. I usually use my .22 mag loaded with some hollowpoints. It usually takes their head off. Of course for now I'm just shooting reds, so the meat doesn't matter. Keeps the damn things out of the walls. I'm letting the gray squirrels build up their population. My neighbors an idiot and shoots everything that moves no matter what the season, then just leaves it there. And yes, I eat gray squirrels.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll go squirrel hunting every chance I get. I usually wait till it gets cold so the lice on them die off first. Then I take my Marlin 60S with a simmons 9X40 scope and head shots everytime. Bake them and fry them then eat.....that's some good stuff right there.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
squirrel hunting huh? hmmm... well the only squirrel hunting i can recall ever doing was with my truck tires, but i have been thinking about getting an air rifle sometime soon.

whats the most accurate, highest fps setup you recon i could get for idk under $250 maybe?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
squirrel hunting huh? hmmm... well the only squirrel hunting i can recall ever doing was with my truck tires, but i have been thinking about getting an air rifle sometime soon.

whats the most accurate, highest fps setup you recon i could get for idk under $250 maybe?

$250??? for an air rifle? f**k that. go by yourself a bull barreled, semi auto .22, put a cheap ass BSA scope on it and build yourself a silencer out of aluminum and pvc pipe, then take the $50 you saved and go buy 2000+ rounds of .22 ammo that'll last you 3 squirrel seasons shootin at everything that moves

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nothin like squirrel gravy and biscuits

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im more into coon hunting but squirrel huntings fun to

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea i got 14 dogs red ticks, blue ticks, one treeing walker, a couple of redbones, and i just got a black and tan they start out with coons but end up running bear.... i love hearing dogs chase somethin thro the woods

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
I like squirrel hunting. I take old socks and put a big rock in them. When a squirrel runs up a tree and peeks from behind it at me, I toss the sock to the other side of the tree. The squirrel will momentarily spin around MY side of the tree because of the sock. Then I take my shot.

Small game is yummy.

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i got 14 dogs red ticks, blue ticks, one treeing walker, a couple of redbones, and i just got a black and tan they start out with coons but end up running bear.... i love hearing dogs chase somethin thro the woods
dam i only got 1 dog its just a pup its beagle walker mix hes kinda lazy tho

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
when you hunt bears you got to have alot of dogs i lose at least 2 a year due to bear killin em but thats bear huntin when a bear gets bayed it gets pissed
my new black and tan

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Where you at man? i need a hunting buddy. my friends are too wimpy. its too cold or im not killing a defenseless animal. i hate squirrels with a burning passion and i laugh like a schoolgirl when i come up with some new sadistic way to kill one. too far?

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
rite now im lucky if i get a day off dont even have a license this year my uncle is keepin them occupied right now he takes them every night he can which is usually 4 times a week but their in erwin tn at my uncles and im in indiana with the one cause theirs some massive coons up here... next time i might be able to get back is theirs a bear season in the middle of december im hoping to make it for cause thats my favorite season overall... tryin to take vacation but im gonna piss my mom off cause that means i have to work christmas

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Didn't someone on here make a squirrel launcher..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals