• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stock clutch fan and a electric fan.

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
hey everyone. well i figured out this past may 24 my truck runs really hot so i had to run the whole weekend with no hood an the heater cranked (it royally sucked). but i was wondering if i kept the stock clutch fan on an put an electric fan infront of the rad to push air threw the rad just as a back up? would that work. or should i just ditch the clutch fan an run one electric?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I would say that your cooling system has a problem. How often do you flush the rad or change the fluid? I bought an older Ranger and overheated it and warped the heads, and if I'd checked the system thoroughly back then I'd be much happier today. I thought everything was good cause I saw bright green rad fluid. Later,about a year, when I went to change fluid it wouldn't drain because there was so much crap in the bottom of the rad. Do yourself a favor and check the system out. Maybe take the rad out and to a rad shop for a good cleaning, at the very least take it out and reverse flush it with a garden hose.
Good luck,
Richard

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
also inspect your fan clutch to make sure it is operating properly. and don't forget to check the fan itself as the plastic can crack and deteriorate over time. don't think you'll find an aftermarket fan that will perform as well or better than the original, factory setup. just my $.02.

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
alright thanks. ya i forgot to say the big think for sure is it has no shroud on the fan. i know that probably would help out alot. but ya now that you say check the rad im going to cuz it was a junkyard rad. i drained it out the bottom of the rad an came out fresh an good so i figured it would be good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals