• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Subwoofer In Regular Cab

AyAnthony702

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
Hey I have a 2010 reg cab and I currently have 2 10" but sacrifice my leg room (short so I don't really lose much). But I was wondering if there are some good boxes or ideas for 8" or 6.5". I want something that can fit nice in the corners or a little under the seats so you can feel it under the seat and have a good sound. Any opinions on subs and boxes. Thanks

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
it's not rocket appliances
With space being a concern I would go with a sundown audio sd-2 8" sub. It fits in a box as small as .25 cf sealed. It's a very good sq sub that doesn't lack in SPL either. It's also only 4.75" deep.

I run one in my 94 b3000 reg cab and it is Plenty loud and very accurate. Since I have the center console in my truck I was limited to .40 cf for a single sub box. This was the best solution I could find as I didn't have the airspace for a 10 or 12.

It is rated at 300w RMS, but can easily take 500. It's available in dual 4ohm or dual 2ohm. It's $170 from authorized dealers. 2 of them would be downright nasty in a reg cab. What speakers and amp are you running now?

AyAnthony702

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
With space being a concern I would go with a sundown audio sd-2 8" sub. It fits in a box as small as .25 cf sealed. It's a very good sq sub that doesn't lack in SPL either. It's also only 4.75" deep.

I run one in my 94 b3000 reg cab and it is Plenty loud and very accurate. Since I have the center console in my truck I was limited to .40 cf for a single sub box. This was the best solution I could find as I didn't have the airspace for a 10 or 12.

It is rated at 300w RMS, but can easily take 500. It's available in dual 4ohm or dual 2ohm. It's $170 from authorized dealers. 2 of them would be downright nasty in a reg cab. What speakers and amp are you running now?
I'm running 2 10" rockford Fosgate punchs but I sacrificed my leg room but I'm short so it's okay just want more room though. I have a 400w dual amp but I can surely go bigger just was what I had at the time. Thank you

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It would definitely outperform one punch ten. You could build a box out of 3/4 MDF that was 5.5 deep 10 high and
12 inches wide for example.

There are cheaper and shallower subs out there. Skar audio makes one called the Vd 8 that is only 3.94 inches deep. It's also a lot cheaper at $90. It requires a bit larger box due to it working best in ported applications, but you could just build the box with more width, but less depth.

Would still be a pretty small box at .65 cf. Something like 5 deep 10 high and 24 inches wide. This would actually give you more leg room than the sundown since width doesn't effect how far the seat goes back. Just effects the
Cargo space more. Would still give you more room than a pair of tens.

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
My box dimensions are for single sub setups BTW. With these subs I don't think you would need more than one in a reg cab ranger if they were given adequate power. Basically 400rms for either. The skar would probably be louder due to being ported, but the sundown would be more accurate, and take up less space.

AyAnthony702

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My box dimensions are for single sub setups BTW. With these subs I don't think you would need more than one in a reg cab ranger if they were given adequate power. Basically 400rms for either. The skar would probably be louder due to being ported, but the sundown would be more accurate, and take up less space.
Defiantly probably gonna get the Sundown Audio, they have a lot of good reviews. Did you build your own box for it or did you buy one?

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I bought a prefab off eBay. The only one I could find that would fit due to the width limitations presented by the center console. It measures 7.5 bottom depth, 5 top depth, 11 high, and 15 inches wide. It is .39cf sealed.

The sellers name is brightstarcaraudio and it is $36.50 shipped. It's made of 3/4 MDF and built very well. I couldn't buy the materials to build it for the price.

If you want something smaller you will probably have to build it yourself.

You can get away with powering it with that dual amp, but it won't reach it's potential. If you decide to upgrade your amp I would be glad to help you find the right one. I'm into building budget sq systems.

Just make sure you order the right version of the sub for your amp. If it's a mono amp get the dual 4ohm version. If it's a 2 channel get the dual 2 ohm version and series wire it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals