• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

T bar cranking how dose she handle?

BlueLighting1999

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
How will a truck handle with a T bar cranksed about 2 inches?
Also she i get the aliment before or after i crank it????
Thanks guys! Im going to start and take picture of my truck and stuff and make a slideshow of her progress!!!

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've noticed that the rear end really squats when weighed down now, front end is pretty stiff, but nothing to be scared of. Some people do get alignments after, I never did and have had no wear problems. Post those pics, sounds pretty cool!

angerranger54

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mine drives like a gokart now. hit speed bumps REAL SLOW. mine tops the suspension out if i go to fast over them. tires will actully leave the ground. i have my 2009 cranked all the way and didnt even get 2 inches

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well if you're going to get an alignment done, get it done after you crank the bars.

I only had my truck for a week before I cranked mine, but I really didn't notice a difference in the ride quality. I didn't get an alignment either. The front tires might be wearing a touch faster on the inside, but I'm not too concerned about my stock Wranglers anyway.:D

BlueLighting1999

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well if you're going to get an alignment done, get it done after you crank the bars.

I only had my truck for a week before I cranked mine, but I really didn't notice a difference in the ride quality. I didn't get an alignment either. The front tires might be wearing a touch faster on the inside, but I'm not too concerned about my stock Wranglers anyway.:D
Okay thanks man!! and dude what is the diffence from before and after cranking it!!:icon_confused:

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I had a new 87 Nissan, after 3 months of driving it around stock, I loosened the t-bars till the front bumper was 8 inches from the ground, it rode like a wooden wheel wagon, the truck was down on the stop bumps, I raised it to bumper height of 11 inches, removed the bump stops, and the front end aligned, and it rode good as ever.

I have never tighten one up so I don't know how it would ride.

Robert

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i cranked mine a week after my bought this truck and gained two inches from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well. gave it a real nice stance too. plus, no alignment done and have'nt had any problems with tire wear so far.

4byranger2000xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can't really see why you would need an alignment after cranking them. All you are doing is changing the starting point in the suspension cycle. I could understand with TTB but not IFS. I could be missing something though.

By TTB, I mean when adding coil spacers without changing the pivot point.

Last edited:

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
i took mine all the way after a year. i cant feel any ride difference and i gained 3" and no allignment or issues at all

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals