• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tech Library

jrmustranger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so one of my favorite things about this site has always been the tech library. I just went in there to look up something and it's AWESOME! For those of you who haven't checked it out it's been totally redone. I especially like the links to the different tech questions on the right hand side. So I just wanted to say thanks to whoever redisigned the tech library (I'm assuming it was Jim) and for always improving on the site!

Thanks,

Jeff

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Thanks.

I wasn't sure how well it would go over.

Some links are gone because pages were compiled. Some off-site links that were broke were replaced. The Zimmerman TTB article was gone. The link didn't exist anymore so I went in to the webarchive, gathered the info and recreated it here to make sure it wasn't lost.

Some pages like the Dana 44 TTB and Jeep Dana 30 are new.

My latest project has been updating the suspension pages.

My next goal is to consolidate info on Dana 44/60 swaps.

From there I will add a page just on Dana 44 specifications and Dana 60 specifications. I'll be needing pictures of various Dana 44's to use.

Eventually all the pages in the tech library will be updated and new ones will be added. The hard part is getting people to submit new info.

Believe it or not, that new tech-library/index.php page took several days to do because I wanted to get some stuff cleaned up, removed, added or replaced before doing it. The whole page was recreated, not just 'modified'.

The old index.htm page is there with just a redirect to index.php in case someone lands there from a search engine. Pages that were replaced have links to the new pages with a code so search engines won't index them anymore.

I added code to list the current top 10 posts for each tech section of the forum. so you can see what's currently being discussed.

The part I really want to take off is the video. Right now I just have a video in there for a sample, but I want to have a pick of the month in there from videos submitted to our video gallery.

Even if it was just a visual tour of a solid axle swap or any other mod you were proud of and wanted to just display in a video instead of having to upload a bunch of photos somewhere. Remember, if you upload it, it will instantly be fed to the video forum for people to comment on. If you have Windows XP, you should have windows movie maker. You can use a USB cable to send the video to your computer, add a title to the beginning of it so people know what their looking at and upload it. I know this is the future of tech info on the internet. Let's set a trend.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
I've got 2 dana44s sittin in my garage right now. A Waggy44 and a Bronco44.

What do you want pics of, Jim?

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I want both! Especially the waggy 44. I see it mentioned here, so I need to start gathering information on them for people that may want to swap them.

jrmustranger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Jim,

I plan on doing a bunch of stuff to my truck in the next few months and would have no problem making videos of the mods. Are you looking for full on tech videos or just quick clips? I plan on doing the Chevy 63" leaf spring swap w/ belltech's, a one piece driveshaft, and a PA 3" body lift. I have th lift and the shackles and should have the springs and driveshaft next week. I plan on doing it all at the same time but could probably make seperte videos for each mod. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Jeff

Edit: I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to update all the links in the tech library. I think I spend more time browsing through there than in the forums.

Last edited:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey Jim,
The new tech library is terrific! WooHoo already gone through a bunch of the links, for the hundreth time. Thankyou for updating it and retrieving some of that lost information.
Justin

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Jim,

I plan on doing a bunch of stuff to my truck in the next few months and would have no problem making videos of the mods. Are you looking for full on tech videos or just quick clips? I plan on doing the Chevy 63" leaf spring swap w/ belltech's, a one piece driveshaft, and a PA 3" body lift. I have th lift and the shackles and should have the springs and driveshaft next week. I plan on doing it all at the same time but could probably make seperte videos for each mod. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Jeff

Edit: I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to update all the links in the tech library. I think I spend more time browsing through there than in the forums.
It doesn't have to be a step by step. Sometimes when you see pics of mods it would be nice to be able to just 'look around' more.

jrmustranger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It doesn't have to be a step by step. Sometimes when you see pics of mods it would be nice to be able to just 'look around' more.
Got it. I'll video everything I do and edit it down. I'm going to base all of my work off of the tech library articles so I think I'll make my videos to supplement those. That way other members can read the articles, see the pictures, and watch videos of how it's done. I'll try and keep them short and to the point and hit on the important points of the installs.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Videos of mods and projects would be freakin awesome!

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Great upgrade Jim! I might just have to do a vid for a change...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals